Friday, September 30, 2016

September Wrap Up

This week we have parent-teacher conferences so I was determined to add to the ol' blog before the insanity began but I did not haha, I also didn't make the bed once this week so hey, whatevs, right? I honestly don't mind conferences much, I like touching base with parents and the bonus day off helps offset the 12+ hour days. It also reveals exactly why kids are the way they are. Enlightening, to say the least. 

On the home front, we finally finished this little corner of our living room and I love it! We use this space for AJ's school books, cookbooks, our Shutterfly books, and random crafting and wrapping stuff. We got these cheapo Target shelves when we moved in together and I decided it was high time to "adult-ify" our space. I've been hunting for a furniture piece for the space on KSL for the past month or so, but to no avail. I saw a commercial for Wayfair and decided to check it out. A good deal and a great selection and when we found out the piece came already put together? Done and done. We found the shelf at Quilted Bear, along with the fabric pumpkins. The lamp is from my new fave store: At Home. The base is a refillable jar. I have visions of sparkly ornament balls this winter and cutely decorated Easter eggs this spring. I really enjoy being a homeowner and have my heart set on a few other projects this year. Shout out to the hubby for indulging in my Pinterest dreams and Joanna Gaines fantasies. 
before & after 



We are coming up on 4 months from Hadley's birth. It's odd but I feel like it's almost getting harder? There was a time when I'd remark, "I'd still be pregnant" and it helped in the early weeks when it all felt surreal. But now, she'd totally be here, stealing hearts, and being an actual growing little girl. That hurts. We just miss her so much. We are surviving, back at work, being social, having fun together, and overall enjoying life, but it's not the same. Nothing will ever be the same. I never ever want this experience to make me hardened to life, bitter and angry, but it feels sort of like falling off a cliff and having reality smack you right in the face. I've felt life's deepest hurt and can testify that loss of a child, feeling your child take their last breath in your arms, strips your heart raw. Thank God for grace, hope, peace, and the loving spirits of others. You can't go through something like this and come out the same. Life is precious, folks. I never ever knew just how much. We chatted with our doctor this week and she reminded us that the day she delivers baby #2 will be such a joyous day. We trust God and anxiously await that beautiful, glorious day. In the meantime, we know Hads is up there searching for the perfect sibling. We know you'll pick a good one, sweet girl.
 found this postcard in Boise and was like hello #mylife
Isn't she pretty?! 
Ok, lighter topic: I joined a Boot Camp gym and guys? I'm loving it! I was spending an hour or so in the gym with little results and decided that watching TV while gliding on the elliptical or walking on the treadmill (while great things in and of themselves!) wasn't really pushing my body into the next level. I attended 3 free trial classes and then signed up this week and went to 3 more!  It's fast paced, super challenging, cardio and weights. The days are divided by "upper body" or "low body" classes. I feel like I can tone my legs alright on my own...I am digging the upper body classes, though. I finally feel like I'm using muscles I didn't know existed and really pushing myself. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a super buff trainer yelling at you to "give me 5 more!" My goal this month is to not have these super charged workouts being an excuse for extra naughty eating. I'll keep you posted!


I'm reading this cute light read this week and bought this angel book from our school's book fair. I can't wait to dive in.



It was so nice having today off! I cleaned a bit, got a mani, and tackled my long to do/errand list. (Also? I attempted a coconut oil hair mask. I did have to wash my hair three times to get it all out, haha, but now my hair is soft and smooth. Definitely not an every week thing, but maybe once a month?). I'm going to bake these Banana Nutella Cookies this evening, too. Yum! We have a fun October filled with a Walk of Remembrance, Fall Break, a visit from the in laws, and all variety of fall-ish fun. Raise your PSL and put on a cute plaid scarf and have a great weekend, readers! Also, check back Sunday, I'll have a guest post you won't want to miss!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment