Monday, February 27, 2017

This & That

I have been absent from the blog for almost a whole week! Yikes! I do have some posts swirling around in my head that I have meant to work on, I'm getting there and reminding myself that the blog is a hobby---when I don't feel like it, I won't. No pressure. In other news, I'm really loving this quote lately, maybe you will too!


What's been going on? We are in that part of the school year that is long and the nearest break seems light years away. It's the tough part. Keep on keepin' on, teachers, we can do it! AJ and I had a nice weekend just relaxing together. Saturday morning we had donuts and coffee and spent some quality time with the DVR. I rested up on Saturday (I've had this sore throat I've been trying to beat) and then went to evening church and out for pizza. I love dating my husband. Sunday we meal prepped (I've been using Dr. Phil's 20/20 recipes still, but trying to incorporate some new healthy choices too for lunches. Any suggestions?), We went to see the new movie "Get Out" that afternoon (I loved it, AJ thought it was just ok....warning: super violent) and then went to my parent's house for dinner and Oscars viewing. 

Life is pretty gosh darn usual in our neck of the woods....we got plantation shutters on our front windows and we absolutely love them. We are hoping to do the back of the house this summer or fall. 


I'm on my 8th book of the year (30 is my goal for 2017). Here are the 8 reads so far:

1. Ruthless by Ron Miscavige (all about Scientology, not my fave, but super interesting)
2. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand (easy, fun, classic chick lit with a Christmas theme)
3. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult (I really loved this one, Jodi never fails)
4. The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell (I could not put this one down, about a family struggling when the mom becomes a hoarder, interesting insight into the reality of that mental illness)
5. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist (really enjoyed this one, I had to read it with a journal nearby because there were so many ideas from it I wanted to remember). 
6. Giddy Up Eunice by Sophie Hudson (This book was a delight. The resounding theme is that God gives us women to walk alongside us that we need and that make the journey of life a lot more fun. This would make a great gift for a girlfriend).
7. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain (I scored this one at DI for 75 cents. I have wanted to read it for years, it's historical, set in Paris, and the main character (Ernest Hemingway's wife)  is named Hadley so I'm loving it already (about a third of the way through).
8. A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams (I am listening to this one on CD while I drive. It's an interesting story so far but I don't drive enough to make much headway. I've been at it for a week and am on disc 3 out of 10. Thank goodness the library allows renewals). 

I was meaning to do a whole "Irish Eats" post in honor of St. Paddy's Day, but thought that this post was a mish mash anyway, so I'd stick it here. Here are some delish recipes you might want to whip up in the month of March. I have my eyes on a few of these! Click the name of the recipe and you'll be linked to the website where it came from. Have a happy week! 
Crockpot Corned Beef

Irish Chocolate Coffee Bundt Cake

Shepherd's Pie
Beef and Guinness Hand Pies


No comments:

Post a Comment