Monday, August 14, 2017

What I'm Loving Lately

Hi Folks,
    It's time for another addition of What I'm Loving Lately!


there's only 8 pictured because AJ and I each ate two before I took the picture! 

1. Back To School Breakfast Ideas: I am loving some of the delicious looking breakfasts I've been finding on Pinterest. I made peanut butter chocolate chip oat bites recently and loved them. I now want to try all the varieties on the website (blueberry muffin flavor? Yes please). I also made these honey peach muffins last weekend (they were okay, whole wheat flour can tend to make my recipes really dense). I am thinking of ways to meal prep weekday breakfasts along with weekday lunches. I came across these goodies I want to try:
Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal
Honey Cloud Pancakes
Freezer Ready Breakfast Burritos
And for a weekend treat: Banana Nut Pancakes


2. Half Days in the Classroom: There is something awesome about getting your feet wet on a new school year without fully diving in quite yet. I've been going in about 3-4 days a week for the past two weeks or so and spending just about 2-3 hours a time there. Now is that a perfect work schedule or what? My contract officially begins this week, but it sure was nice popping in and working till I got tired then I was outta there. My classroom is almost done and now I can focus on the most important part: Planning lessons and teaching! I can't wait to welcome my 20 cherubs next week.




3. Reading Outside: I've been enjoying some nice evenings reading on the back patio. I've read three books recently and liked them all but I really liked Kristan Higgins' cute chick lit read the best of the three. I just started "The Couple Next Door" and I've heard great things about it. I know once school begins I won't have as much free time to read and I really want to keep it up as best as I can. Reading is good for my soul!


4. Walk With Compassion: One of our friends is heading up the Salt Lake Walk for Compassion Event. It's September 9th. If you're local, consider joining us and walking to help end child poverty around the world. My fundraising page is here if you'd like to donate to this great cause and learn more about the work that Compassion International does.







5. Beach Memories: We recently got back the photos we had taken on our July beach trip! They turned out so fun! And isn't my brother in law basically a model? I loved the hat that he brought along to the photo shoot.

6. Tan Towels. These little guys WORK and are my fave sunless tanning product ever. They can be a bit pricey so I bought mine at Kohl's recently and then used Kohl's cash to buy more.


Happy Back to School Season to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment