Monday, February 5, 2018

Life Lately

Hi Everyone,
   This post features lots of pictures and updates on our life lately! I love that I have this space to document some memories for Hank. Baby book? Nope, this mama will be directing her baby straight to Blogger!
I LOVE THIS BOY! 

Every time I look at this picture I crack up laughing. First of all, his hat makes him look like Mother Theresa but then that face?! I love it! 

I've been savoring this last bit of maternity leave and enjoying every second with my Hank man. He is just the absolute delight of my life! This past week my in laws came for a visit and we had a great time. I was going to work on a Day in the Life post for life these days but I thought it really wouldn't be too exciting. In a nutshell: I try and have myself and Hank dressed, the bed made, and a load of laundry in by 10:00 ish every day. Hank eats every 3 hours, sleeps about half the day, I pump/read/watch TV/wash bottles/fold laundry and we try and do a walk if it's nice enough out. I change endless diapers and Hank usually wears about 4 outfits a day. Haha! My mom often comes by so I can run errands, go to the gym, take a nap, or just keep me company. I am so thankful for her. Honestly, we're in a nice little groove and the days really do fly by. Also, I cannot sing the praises of of Woombie Swaddle enough. We've been putting the "baby straitjacket" (aka: zip up swaddle) on Hank the past few weeks at night and he has been giving us some lovely 5 plus hour stretches at night! All hail the Woombie!
He loves time on his play mat and kick piano. Just this past week he started batting the toys around and kicking the play mat. Yay for playing! 

In the morning when we free him from his swaddle he does the biggest stretches....it looks like he's hatching! 


We went on a date night while AJ's parents were in town. We had a great time and this mama was excited to wear non yoga pants for the evening! I had my first post-baby beer (Blue Moon)  and it was delish! And I was legit obsessed with the dessert we ordered, it was called the Caramel Apple Goldrush. YUM! We went shopping for a bit after dinner and it was delightful. I can see how easy it is to get lost in bottle washing, baby comforting, washing tiny clothes, and rocking our sleepy baby.....we've gone on 2 date nights since Hank was born and both of them have been so so so good for us. I love dating my husband.



We went to a friend's house for a Super Bowl party and I made these football cocoa krispie treats. Aren't they fun? They didn't turn out exactly like the picture (darn Pinterest) but they were yummy anyway. I like getting together with friends, eating yummy food, and enjoying the halftime show and commercials but this year I was most excited for THIS IS US after the game. Shout out to NBC for having something for the ladies on Super Bowl Sunday. After the Bravermans, the Pearsons are my favorite TV family. (Btw, anyone else scared to use their crockpot now?!)

Hank's first super bowl! 

We have been loving this warm January and February. Stroller walks are my new favorite thing! Fresh air for all and some exercise for me, amen!





Life with a newborn is exciting, fun, amazing, and magical....but it can also be exhausting. I am a huge advocate for self care. A few times since Hank has been born I've treated myself to some coffee shop reading/writing time, a massage, a pedicure, and some quiet alone time.

 It's 100% ok to treat yourself and in my opinion, especially once you're a mom! I want to be my best self for Hank and some "me" time can make this mama go from this......

to this:

Have a great week everyone!!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment