Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend

Hi Pals,
   It's THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL! I'm pumped for summer fun with my two guys but this school year has been so great too. I was nervous about it because this is my first year at this school, and I found out we were expecting Hank about a week after I accepted the job, but now here we are and it all worked out. This weekend was a whirl-wind. We had fun with family, relaxed and celebrated.

On Friday AJ's mom and I took Hank to Cubby's for dinner and he sat in a high chair for the first time! He did so great and is getting so big! I went to bed early and Saturday morning AJ went to pick up his brother Matt at the airport under the guise of a coffee run. AJ's mom had NO IDEA Matt was coming into town and it was such a fun surprise! About an hour later, AJ's dad arrived from Oregon. AJ, Matt and I headed to Ikea and a few other places Saturday afternoon. That evening we went to my family's house for dinner.

Big boy! 



AJ, Hank, Grandpa
On Sunday we ran some random errands and Susan and I went to see Book Club (it was cute---they don't make many true chick flicks these days it seems and we enjoyed it). That evening, per Matt's request (and no objections from any of us), we picked up The Pie for dinner and took Hankers on a nice evening walk.


I was so grateful to have an extra day off this weekend. I know the day is primarily for military heroes who gave their lives for our freedoms, but it's also a day to remember and honor all of our loved ones. I woke up with Hadley on my heart. After the Boot Camp Memorial Day outside workout (it kicked my butt in a good way), we went to visit our first born. The cemetery was crowded and we met the wife of the man buried not far from Hadley's spot. We talked for a while and she told me her grandkids love visiting "the baby's spot" (Hadley's) and love to play by her. That warmed my momma heart! I can't wait for summer afternoons on a blanket with Hank visiting his big sister.



Monday afternoon AJ and I indulged in a glorious and necessary TWO HOUR NAP (thank you Jesus for grandparents) and then we had my family over to celebrate Memorial Day and Susan's birthday! We grilled flank steak and had corn on the cob, pasta salad, fruit salad, and a birthday berry trifle for dessert.
I created this signature drink---raspberry lemonade, sweet riesling, and lime garnish. DELISH! 


I'm so thankful for a beautiful fun-filled weekend.

Have a great week!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment