Tuesday, July 3, 2018

What I'm Loving Lately

It's time for another edition of What I'm Loving Lately! Let's do it!

1. Cold Brew: So it's hot out and while I'm still loving a hot mug of goodness (coffee) in the morning there is just something delightful about coffee on ice. Enter cold brew. I'm a big fan of Starbucks cold foam cascara cold brew and I've ordered cold brew at other coffee shops but I've never bought it for home. I bought a jug of iced coffee (Stok brand) that was yummy but came across these packs from Dunkin at the store the other day and decided to try them. Each box contains 2 packs that makes a big pitcher of cold brew (I made mine on Thursday and it's about halfway gone). Easy peasy and perfect for summer.

2. Summer TV: Remember how in my Summer Goals post I said I wanted to watch an entire series?! Well, umm, it's barely July and I already finished Younger. I just adore this show! And now that I'm all caught up I can watch the new episodes on Tuesdays. I'm also watching The Bachelorette (meh, this season is pretty blah, even though I adore Becca!), The Proposal (I know, I'm embarrassed for myself), The Next Food Network Star, Southern Charm, and I also watched the Netflix movie Set It Up and I loved it. Yippee for romantic comedies!

3. Spurtles: Ok, this one is random. But I had QVC on a few Sundays ago (I already admitted I watch The Proposal so I figure this is a safe space for full disclosure), and they were doing a presentation about this kitchen gadget called a "spurtle" (Here's  the low down on what a spurtle is). I ordered a set in aqua (about $20 I think) and wouldn't you know, I reach for them every. single. day. (The presentation said I would, haha). These guys stir, can separate eggs, toss, work as spatulas etc. And I need things in my life to be dishwasher safe and these silicone tools totally are.

4. Hank's First Holidays: After Wednesday (4th of July), Hank will only have two seasonal bibs and first holidays left: Halloween and Thanksgiving. AHHHHH! Experiencing Hank's firsts are so fun and while I think we'll skip fireworks this year (Hank goes to bed when it's still light out...and I do too), it's just so fun watching this little boy grow up. And it's fun to think of where we were last year at this time. Walking out the door to go to a holiday pancake breakfast last 4th of July, I ran for the kitchen and puked in the sink for what felt like hours (this is still a safe space, right?). Me pregnant is no joke. Three cheers for an all-American holiday with zero puke this year!

5. Summer: I chose teaching because I love helping young people discover new things and the power within themselves. But.....gee golly gosh, can I get an AMEN FOR SUMMER?! I like clear beginnings and endings (classic ENFJ here), so I love the cyclical nature of the school year. It works for me. Summer is a time to recharge and reconnect, to read, relax, and recenter. And I, for one, am here for it. And bonus for marrying a teacher. Summer is our thing, people! Woohoo!

6. Podcasts: I love podcasts for the car, for doing my hair and makeup, for folding laundry, for cooking etc. I love 'em! Some faves include: The Pop Cast, The Big Boo Cast, The Bible Binge, Stories We'd Tell in Bars, and most recently, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness. He is such a delight.

7. This blog! This month marks THREE YEARS since I claimed this little corner of the internet and started Sunday Kinda Love. You all saw me through 2 jobs, the newlywed years of marriage, Hadley, Hank, moving into our home, experiments in the kitchen, the ups and downs of grief and pregnancy after loss, loads of books, and lots of trashy TV talk. I love writing here and I love YOU for reading here. If you ever have specific things you'd want me to write about, have questions, or want to partner up and blog swap or something, feel free to reach out! And if you like a post, I'd love if you passed it along or shared it.

Savor your sparkle AND these delicious summer days, friends.

-Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment