Sunday, March 17, 2019

Hank Life: 15 Months



Hank Grayson is 15 months old and a ton of fun! I like doing these posts occasionally for memories sake. I don't care if no one reads them, this momma never kept a baby book, so Hank's growth and milestones are recorded right here in this space! I know I sound like a broken record, but it. goes. by. so. fast. I mean, how do I have this toddler now?? With each phase that comes around I say it's my new favorite, but this one is especially fun. It's so neat getting to know him as a kid with personality and opinions. I will say, however, this phase is a lot more exhausting. I can get NOTHING done with Hank around. In fact, sometimes I feel like my day "begins" at bedtime, when I can finally tackle some to-do's! Gone are the days of a cooing baby on blanket with a rattle and I could unload the dishwasher, write a bit, grade papers, do my makeup etc. Now it's all eyes and hands on deck to watch this lil man. But for all the exhaustion, he makes me laugh on a daily basis. He's becoming less baby and more little boy and I am so thankful I get to be his mommy.


Hank is down to one nap a day (sometimes he'll do a brief morning one if he's super tired) from about 12:30-2:00. He naps in his crib after lunch. Sometimes it's longer, sometimes it's shorter, but we shoot for this time. This fall Hank will be going to daycare a few days a week and many of them have a similar nap time. He sometimes fusses but he's usually asleep within about ten minutes. He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and wakes up around 7:00 (This is a welcome change from his 5 am wake up time this past Fall!!). He absolutely hates going to bed if people are over and wants to be part of the action. I can't really blame him! After bath time (he has a bath about 4 times a week), he drinks his "Meelks" (Milk, that's just what we call it, lol) and watches an episode of Terrific Trucks on daddy's lap. AJ brings him to bed every night after the episode and when his milk is gone. He drinks warmed whole milk in a sippy cup in the morning and before bed.


Hank wears all sorts of clothing sizes, 18-24 months, 24 months, and 2T. The 18 month old onesies and pants were all getting a bit snug, so I packed them away. Most days I'm jealous of his uniform of a T shirt and sweatpants. I was folding his laundry the other day and teared up a bit folding these itty bitty jeans. I never want to forget when he's a big teenager that he once fit his cute lil tush in these!


Hank loves loves loves meal time. He gets that honestly, folks! For breakfast he usually has a waffle or a piece of toast (he loves cinnamon raisin bread). For lunch he usually has fruit (clementines, grapes cut up, applesauce, bananas etc), cheese, crackers, chicken nuggets, scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, or an uncrustable. For dinner he usually has some form of what we're eating. If that isn't doing it, then he loves yogurt tubes, beans, or any of his lunch time favorites.
 Hank loves to go on stroller walks, read books (touch and feel books are still a major hit), push around his popper, take things out of drawers or containers and put them back again, visiting the Aquarium with friends, balloons, the garbage truck, and seeking the skies for planes. He also loves bath time, giving his moose hugs, and his Paw Patrol Rubble stuffed animal kisses.

We are so thankful for the love and support of our amazing family. Hank loves his days with Grandma (and sometimes Grandpa and Aunt Libby stop by too!). We Facetime nearly everyday with AJ's parents and he loves and adores them too. We love our Little Gym friends and I love chatting with my mommy friends. It truly takes a "Village" to raise a child and I am grateful everyday for Hank's village.

We love this boy to the moon and back!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment