Sunday, May 5, 2019

Slow Cooker Greek Bowls

I am so excited to post this recipe for you today. This was a new one for us and we really loved it! I based this recipe on this one that I found on Pinterest and made a few tweaks, served it over rice, added Greek fixin's (can this be a thing? like taco fixings?) and it. was. so. good. Next time I might try putting it in a pita like a traditional gyro, but this bowl concept might have me sold. And bonus....this is a slow cooker recipe so it's easy peasy too.


Cast of Characters:

Beef-
-1.5 lbs. flank steak
-1/2 cup beef broth
-salt and pepper
-1 tsp. oregano
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1/2 tsp. onion powder
-Juice of half a lemon
-1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Tzatziki Sauce-
-1 container plain Greek yogurt (I like Fage 2%)
-1 tsp. minced garlic
-3 tbs. finely diced cucumbers
-1 tsp. white wine vinegar
-1 tbs. lemon juice (I used the other half from the beef)
-salt/pepper
-1 tsp. olive oil

Toppings-
-diced tomatoes
-feta cheese
-olives
-cucumbers
-red onion
-squeeze of lemon juice
-Chickpeas (we didn't add these, but afterwards, I was like OMG, you could add hummus or chickpeas too! Yes, please)
-Roasted red pepper

Cut the steak into strips and place in slow cooker with all beef ingredients for 6-8 hours on low.

When you're ready to eat, heat up some rice (Uncle Ben's microwave for us) or quinoa, add meat, Tzatziki, and toppings. Enjoy!
Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie





No comments:

Post a Comment