Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Day in the Life Fall 2020

 Hi! It's been a bit since I've done a Day in the Life post! I decided to do one in this season for memory's sake. It's so fun to look back at these other Day in the Life posts. Want to check out old ones?

September 2018

October 2017

February 2017

September 2016

(Guess I skipped 2019?!) 

Ready to spend a random Monday with me?? Here we go! Get ready for picture overload!



I wake up between 5:00 and 5:30. I usually stay in bed until 5:30 no matter what time I get up. I peruse the 'gram, check email, look at the headlines etc.  

I make the bed (I always do this right away), do my hair, and head downstairs (in loungewear) and cook up some scrambled eggs and read about 10 pages of this great bible study I'm doing, "Rest Assured." AJ is downstairs watching the news and having some coffee. I love our short morning hang outs. I head back upstairs around 6:30 and do my makeup, get dressed, and say good morning to Hank! AJ gets him up on school days and gets him dressed. Hank enjoys his milk watching Paw Patrol in our room. 





Hank likes slow mornings! Hank loves sitting around, watching TV, and sipping his milk. He gets mad when I tell him it's time to get in the car for school around 7:15. Sometimes he eats something at home, but today he's not interested in eating yet so I pack a granola bar for him to eat at school. 

And we're off! I love the beautiful view on Mountain View (and yes, I'm at a red light). I drop my sweet boy at school around 7:45 (that's early for me, it's normally closer to 8:00ish) and then hit up the Sbux drive thru.

While I wait, I listen to my new fave Podcast, Be There in 5. And score! I ordered a grande americano (with almond milk and sugar free cinnamon dolce) but they are out of grande cups so I get a venti. I hope the kids are ready for my energy after that bad boy! I also get a venti iced water. I'm trying to really hydrate lately and shoot for 60 oz. during a work day. And people, please, wear a mask in a drive thru! The employees wear ones to keep us safe, we owe them that same respect (soap box). 

School time! I work on some lesson things for today and draft my weekly newsletter. I start my newsletter on Mondays so I can add to it for the next few days as things come up, and then schedule it to be sent on Thursday mornings. I don't like inundating parents with reminders so I try and consolidate my communications to once a week. 

The kids arrive and they share their "Weekend News" (they are all dying to tell me about their weekends anyway, so I just build that sharing time right in), calendar, and I teach a math lesson. We are making subtraction equations out of pictures. Before I know it, it's time for my class to go to STEM class and recess. I drop them off and get to work emptying their weekend folders and grading those papers as well as some from math today. I love being alone in my classroom for a little mask break! I eat a protein bar and get as much grading done as I can in an hour. (And how cute are those pumpkin earrings a student brought for me?!). 
The kids have snack when they get back from recess and then it's a quick journal prompt, then centers for the next hour. I am doing word making with my group today. The other students (when they're not with me) are getting time with our literacy aide, writing our poem of the week (this week it's a pumpkin poem), reading, doing a math sort, and logging onto Lexia. 
12:40, it's finally lunch time and I am hungry! I have a teriyaki chicken bowl (leftovers from last night). 
Back to class! The kids and I read our story of the week, a non-fiction story about animals. I read it to them, then we choral read, then they read it with a partner. Tomorrow we will dive deeper into the story, today was just for reading it. We have a bit of time before recess, so the kids continue centers work while I call kids to my table for a sight word assessment. I enter their scores when they are at afternoon recess. There's only 30 minutes left before we have to clean and pack up so we do an oral phonics lesson and the kids end the day on our online literacy or math program. 

Home time! I arrive home around 4:30 just as AJ comes home with Hank. He had a fun day at school, ate all his lunch, and didn't have an accident. Woohoo! I check the mail and see this cute stamp I ordered arrived. I'm hungry so I snack on some pretzels and this veggie tray I made on Sunday. Hank has some pretzels too.
We all change and head down to the basement for a speedy 25 minute workout. Today I focus on abs and arms with weights instead of cardio. I really didn't want to workout but I always feel good when I'm done! While AJ and I workout, Hank drives around the basement in his Paw Patrol car. He loves zoomin' around! Hank and AJ head to the backyard to play catch while I plate up dinner. I did all the prep for Mediterranean bowls on Sunday (see the recipe HERE). While I plate up dinner, I also pack bowls for AJ and I for Tuesday's lunches. Hank doesn't love quinoa so I make him some mac and cheese with veggie straws and raisins. 



We clean up dinner and I have a bunch of over ripe bananas so I make a baked oatmeal that we love. It's so easy. Hank helps me stir it up. 



It bakes at 350 for about 30 minutes. We turn on "Spookley The Square Pumpkin" on Netflix for Hank (he LOVES this) and I go upstairs to quickly shower (but not wash my hair. I SO do not have time for that everyday) and get in my cozy fall pjs. 
Spookley ends, the banana oats come out of the oven, and at about 7:30 we head upstairs. Hank has earned a dance party (he gets one for good manners and no time outs in a day). He cracks us up with his dance moves. His signature songs are "Chicken Nugget Dream Land" and "Baby Yoda." Yeah, toddler music is crazy, guys. Haha. I read him his nightly bible story, and he chooses another book. AJ rocks him every night and I go downstairs to start drafting this post. Hank takes longer than usual to get to bed. He keeps wanting to go play. By 8:00, though, he's out. He's a tired little man. 

From about 8:00-9:00, AJ does some grading and school work and I watch 90 Day Fiancee and CNN (I love Don Lemon!). I pop some popcorn (probably an unhealthy portion size) and snack on some of these freeze dried dark chocolate blueberries. They are so good! I also do a load of laundry and switch it to the drier. I'll fold it in the morning. I'm too beat tonight. 


After watching CNN, I decide the world is messed up and we need a palate cleanser, so watch an old episode of King of Queens together and head upstairs around 9:30. I read for about 30 minutes and then it's lights out! I am one tired lady! That is actually a very typical day for us during this season of life! Thanks for joining along! 

Savor Your Sparkle,

Leslie 








1 comment:

  1. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR HARD EARNED FUNDS TO THE WRONG HANDS?
    MEET THE PROFESSIONAL HACKERS FOR HIRE TODAY.
    ⏱️ 2min Read
    �� Hiring a professional hacker has been one of the world's most technical valued navigating information.
    Regarding:
    •Recovery Of Lost Funds,
    •Mobile Phone Hack.(Catching A Cheating Spouse).
    •Credit Score Upgrade,
    VARIOUS HACKTIVITIES via
    leroysteckler@gmail.com
    High prolific information and Priviledges comes rare as it has been understood that what people do not see, they will never know. The affirmative ability to convey a profitable information Systematically is the majoy factor to success.
    Welcome to the Global KOS hacking agency where every request on hacking related issues are fixed within a short period of time.
    When you wonder “which hacking company should I hire, the first aspect that should concern you is Sincerity. Secondly, Rapid response. Clearly, you want to embark for services that povides swift response, With our astonishing Hackers, you will be glad to find out that our services Implies precision and action.
    This post is definitely for those who are willing to turn their lives around for the better, either financial-wise, relationship-wise or businesses.
    The manual Operation of this hackers is to potentially deploy a distinguished hacking techniques to penetrating computers.
    If your shoe fits in any of the services below, you will be assigned to a designated professional hacker who is systematically known for operating on a dark web V-link protocol.
    Providing value added services to clients as a hacker has been our sustaining goal.
    Are you faced with cyber challenges like
    ��Recovery of lost funds:✅(BITCOIN INVESTMENTS, BINARY OPTIONS, LOAN AND TRADING FOREX WITH FORGERY BROKERS.) ��️I would try my possible best to shortly explain this in particular.
    This shocking study points to one harsh reality we all face today. It saddens our mind when client expresses annoyance or dissatisfaction of unethical behaviours of scammers. We have striven to make tenacious efforts to help those who are victims of this flees get off their traumatic feeling of loss. The cyber security technique used to retrieving back the victims stolen funds is the application of a diverse intercall XX breacher software enables you track the data location of a scammer. Extracting every informations on the con database. Every information required by the Global KOS would be used to tracking every transaction, time and location of the scammer. This is acheived using the systematic courier tracking base method•
    However, there are secret cyber infiltrators called brokers and doom. The particular system used by this scammers permeates them to manupulate targets digital trading system or monetary fund based accounts. Strictly using a dark web rob to diverting successful trades into a negative outcome. This process bends to thier advantage while investors results to losing massive amount of money. An act of gaining access to an organization or databased system to cause damages. We have worked so hard to ensure our services gives you a 100% trading success to recover all your losses•
    �� HACKING A MOBILE PHONE:.✅ Do you think you are being cheated on? Curious to know what your lover is up to online? This type of hack helps you track every movement of your cheater as we are bent on helping you gain full remote access into the cheater's mobile phone using a Trojan breach cracking system to penetrate their social media platforms like Facebook, whatsapp, snapchat etc.
    The company is large enough to provide comprehensive range of services such as•
    • Email hacks��
    • Hacking of websites.��
    • Uber free payment hacks.��
    Our strength is based on the ability to help fix cyber problems by bringing together active cyber hacking professionals in the GlobalkOS to work with.
    Contact:
    ✉️Email: theglobalkos@gmail.com
    Leroysteckler@gmail.com
    ®Global KOS™
    2020.

    ReplyDelete