Sunday, December 6, 2015

12 Days of Christmas (Teacher Version)

To all the elementary teachers out there. We are warriors each and every day and I am so thankful there are people like you out there who "get me" and this bright, fun, out of control, hopeful world we inhabit each day. It's their world, we're just living in it. Merry Christmas!



On the first day of Christmas my class gave to me a story about their Elf on the Shelf (I know the names of all these little bastards, and do. not. care. that "Twinkles" turned your cereal milk green).

On the second day of Christmas my class gave to me 2 adorable hand drawn cards (ok, I know I shouldn't keep them all, but look how they spelled "speshal", cuuuuute!)  and a story about the Elf on the Shelf.

On the third day of Christmas my class gave to me 3 Costco pack of Clorox wipes (we can never ever ever have enough), 2 adorable hand drawn cards, and a story about the Elf on the Shelf.

On the fourth day of Christmas my class gave to me 4 arguments about Santa's legitimacy that I had to shut down (Please don't let this be the year a child overhears something in my class that dashes holiday dreams and requires therapy for life), 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand drawn cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the fifth day of Christmas my class gave to me 5 hits of the snooze button (driving to work in the bitter cold darkness when the whole world seems to still be asleep is pure hell), 4 arguments about Santa's legitimacy, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand drawn cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the sixth day of Christmas my class gave to me 6 gloves on the floor (and a half dozen stuck coat zippers, I do most of my cardio releasing children from the death grip of North Face puffers. Guess you'll have to get married in that one day, kid), 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox Wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the seventh day of Christmas my class gave to me, 7 great Christmas read alouds (damn you, Polar Express, we BELIEVE!), 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the eighth day of Christmas my class gave to me 8 additions to my seasonal mug collection (if you ever need a mug, I'm your girl), 7 great Christmas read alouds, 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the ninth day of Christmas my class gave to me 9 beaming parents in the front row of the Christmas show (I love to see the amount of curls and hairspray involved that night), 8 additions to my seasonal mug collection, 7 great Christmas read alouds, 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the tenth day of Christmas my class gave to me 10 barking coughs (in a 2 minute period, like I legit think a lung might end up on the floor. Please keep your child home. Thanks), 9 beaming parents, 8 additions to my seasonal mug collection, 7 great Christmas read alouds, 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards and a story about the Elf on the Shelf.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my class gave to me 11 kids that say "see you next year" on the last teaching day of 2015 and think it's the funniest most clever thing ever and that no one's ever heard it before. 10 barking coughs, 9 beaming parents, 8 additions to my seasonal mug collection, 7 great Christmas read alouds, 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of Clorox wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my class gave to me over 12 days off from a job that makes me laugh (and cry, and stress, but mostly laugh, because it's crazy but I love these little people so much), 11 kids that say "see you next year", 10 barking coughs, 9 beaming parents, 8 additions to my seasonal mug collection, 7 great Christmas read alouds, 6 gloves on the floor, 5 hits of the snooze button, 4 Santa arguments, 3 Costco packs of wipes, 2 adorable hand made cards, and a story about Elf on the Shelf!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment