Wednesday, December 2, 2015

It comes every year....

Christmas? Bing Crosby on the radio? Salvation Army bell ringers? Ribbons and trees? Yes, yes, yes, and yes, but also.....kid germies. They are real and when the weather gets cold they strike with a vengeance. I am home sick today with pink eye. Gross, I know. My eye was bloodshot and watery on Monday and I was in denial that it was anything serious. I had a classic Leslie "I don't have time for this" moment. But you know what? I need to take care of myself and dragged myself to Instacare this morning. Yep, it was conjunctivitis. The good news is, I don't feel bad, so I watched approximately a dozen episodes of Girls (yes, after being told by nearly all my friends that I need to watch it, I finally did and am loving it), filled my prescription at Target (and had a damn good time browsing while I waited for it), and finished my Christmas wrapping. I hate being away from school....yes because I love the kids but also because I'm neurotic about my classroom tidiness and it typically looks a tornado hit when I'm not there to bark orders to that "no one's leaving until you each pick up 20 scraps off the floor!!!!!" Other than that, this week has been pretty chill and I have hair and nail appointments scheduled for Saturday and honestly can't wait. I've been listening to Mitch Albom's new book "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto" in the car and am enjoying it. It's a liiiitle hard for me to concentrate while driving, but hopefully I'll get used to it because what a sweet way to "read" more good books. And I need to keep my hearing in tip top shape, you know, if my eye goes out.

PS) It's Britney's birthday today. Let's all have a cupcake and/or cocktail to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment