Saturday, January 9, 2016

What I'm Loving Lately

Time for the first W.I.L.L. of 2016! 

1) Getting back into "real" music after Christmas. Basically from November on, my car radio was set on XM station 13: Holly. It was Bing and Mariah pretty much nonstop. However, now that the holidays are over, I've been listening to other tunes. Some current favorites are "Dibs" by Kelsea Ballerini, "Same Old Love" by Selena Gomez, and also anything Adele because, obviously. 



2) Married at First Sight: I know, I know. This show proves that gay people should be allowed to get married because if strangers can meet and marry on TV that day then the sanctity of marriage in pop culture is ummm nonexistent? This show is such a guilty pleasure. I have a theory that the "doctors" might actually put opposites together because then hello conflict and conflict is the basis for most reality TV. Nonetheless, this show fascinates me and I can't wait to see which couples decide to stay together (my guess: only Veronica and Tres).



3) Quesadillas. I haven't been in much of a cooking mood lately and these bad boys are my new go-to. AJ is the best quesadilla maker I know. Pre-marriage Leslie would toss a kraft single on a tortilla and pop it in the microwave. I've since expanded into better cheeses, higher quality tortillas, some yummy toppings, and using the stovetop. Ooey, gooey cheesy bliss. These chicken fajita ones are my radar for a dinner this month. 

4) Books! I haven't done a book update post in a while, but over the break I read Lena Dunham's "Not That Kind of Girl" and have only about 50 pages left in "The Man Called Ove." I liked the Dunham book and am also enjoying this new one....it's a really sweet book, reminscent of "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry." So many books, so little time. 


5) Clinique's Sonic Facial Brush: I've been wanting one of these for ages and the in-laws gifted me one this Christmas. Not only is it cute, but it really does a great job cleansing and makes me feel like I just got a facial on a typical weekday night. 


6) The Abide App: Guys. This FREE app is wonderful. It's basically a huge list of topics and 1-4 minute prayers read aloud with peaceful music. I didn't make any "official" new years resoultions this year, but one might be opening this app before I pop into instagram or facebook. Being read to is delightful (the YouVersion Bible app can also read to you!) and this is just a great little app. 

7) The fact that Friday is a teacher work day and there's a 3 day weekend ahead. Yeeeeeeah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment