Sunday, May 1, 2016

Randoms

Hello Bloggy Readers,
   I've got a whole lot of random for you this sunny Sunday!

1. Little Miss has a freshly painted room! I am so proud of AJ and all the hard work he put in on making it look nice for baby girl. The color is Behr's "Pebble Gray." It ended up looking a bit lilac-ish in the natural light, but I can't tell if that's my eyes tricking me because it was a lilac color before it was painted. We have bought a few accent pieces and this month's goals are: crib set up, take down fan and add a pretty light fixture, bookshelf, and dresser/changing table. I know she'll be itty bitty and have no clue about her room, but a cute nursery matters to the mama and it's been fun planning it.
He told me he needed "union breaks." Here he is looking cute during one such break. 

2. Titus Andromedon. Guys, I am just 2 episodes away from finishing season 2 of "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt." I can't get over this show. I find Elle Kemper a tad annoying (maybe it's just her character?) but Titus is my soul sister and this show is on par with Arressted Development for being clever, witty, and hilarious. This is a show I really need to sit down and watch (as opposed to a show like the Karsdashians that I can cook and clean during) because there are so many clever little details I don't want to miss. "Pinoooot Nooooooirrrrr!"

"I envy you. I've never been able to meet me." 

3. I was flipping through a magazine a few days ago and came across an ad for Morning Star veggie sausage patties and it had a little recipe attached. I added the ingredients to my shopping list and made it for lunch today. It looks and sounds weird. I know. But it's a burst of protein and the flavors actually work together. Toast up a whole wheat english muffin. Spread with almond butter, top with veggie sausage patties, pear slices, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I never ever would have paired these ingredients together but it was delish.



4. I did a MAJOR spring clean on our closets this weekend. I wanted to clear out some junk and also make room for the stroller in our downstairs closet. Man I love good purge.
Wide open spaaaaces! 

5. I feel like every weekend we wind up at the PGA golf store in Sandy. We went to the grand opening over spring break and I'm pretty sure AJ has found his paradise. He is like a kid in a candy store there and it's sort of cute. But then I get bored. Easily. I'm not much of a golfer (I've never actually played a game, we just like to go hit balls every once in a while). But yesterday I wandered off into the ladies section and decided if I were a golfer, I would want this bag. Style on the course!



6. There are 24 days left in school and I am readdddddddy. I need late nights, dinner on the grill, shorts and flip flops, pool time and a good book. Trying to remember this during the last month: "Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." -Galatians 6:9 


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment