Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Weekending & Life Lately

We are in the home stretch of the school year and just enjoying these May days....

On Friday we both took the day off and went to the retirement seminar offered for state employees at the start of their careers. It was interesting and I have to say, I really learned a lot. Anyone else obsessed with compounding interest like I am? (nerd alert).
On Friday we got to sleep in a whole extra hour and AJ got us beverages while I got ready. Bliss. 

I feel like AJ and I have both been running around a ton lately. His students take the AP test on Friday so he's been super busy with that (I know they will absolutely slay that thing with him as a teacher), we've had late nights of birth class, obligations, meetings, errands, to dos, just a lot of in my car/past my bedtime/epic errand weekends lately. We had another one of these weekends scheduled this weekend, but we decided to mix it up a bit. We both ran some errands Saturday morning but then it started pouring out, like full blown thunder/lightning storm and we put on our comfy clothes, curled up, and took embarrassingly long naps. We woke up and ate dark chocolate in bed (thank you, teacher appreciation week for all the goodies from my students) and then puttered around the house, read a bit,  made a Costco pizza, went for a long walk once the rain stopped, and watched TV. It was perfect. I am all about the whole "date your spouse" thing. It's important to make time to enjoy each other's company and do something fun as a couple. But date nights don't need to be elaborate. They can be full-blown home body bliss too.  On a typical week day there's not a whole lot of time between coming home for the evening and being out the door again in the morning. To counteract all the "everyday," it's easy to fall into the trap of getting busier and plan super unique date nights. But you know, what? We're tired....sometimes it's nice to embrace the everyday but do it together. I told him as we laid on the couch, that it felt like our dating days. He smiled at me and said he agreed, and then, for the first time, he felt our little girl kick. Life is busy, but it doesn't always have to be. There is such beauty in rest and the THREE of us agree!
The previews for this movie look great so I'm finally getting around to reading it before the movie comes out. Anyone read it? Thoughts? 
Sunday was Mother's Day and I awoke to a card from "baby" (with some help from dad, I'd say!) and the bookshelf I'd been eyeing for little one's nursery along with this super cute floral bulldog print. The color has me all heart-eyes emoji AND a bulldog is a fun nod to Gonzaga! AJ had to work Sunday evening, but I went over to my family's house to celebrate my mom and that my sis Libby is home from college for three whole months! It was a lovely day.


The rest of this week has us on the go again, but I need to set aside some time for some quality DVR-clearing. Sister Wives is not about to watch itself. Also, I am loving the fact the Orange is the New Black always seems to premiere right when school gets out for the summer. I have a date set with some Outshine popsicles and the Litchfield inmates just as soon as it comes out. In the meantime, let's just try and treat each other like the friendly folks who bring waffle fries to your table do. I saw this the other day and was like yes, can I get an Amen for the CFA customer service? Of course you can, it's their pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment