Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving and Things

Hello There,
   I am emerging from under 5 blankets with a cup of coffee and the credits rolling on the "Fall" episode of Gilmore Girls. I won't give spoilers, but overall I enjoyed it. It was a little weird, but highly entertaining for this holiday weekend. I honestly got so into this long weekend that I feel like I haven't been to work in about a year. That's the sign of a good vaycay/break, right?! I was re-reading my Thanksgiving Post from last year and can't believe how much is different and how much is still the same, too.
our FIFTH Thanksgiving together! Thankful for AJ! 
This break I managed to: workout a few times (Thanksgiving morning boot camp was full of energy and so much fun!), finish my Christmas wrapping, finish up Jodi Piccoult's new novel (love), started reading "Grit," got some good Black Friday deals at Ulta, Old Navy, and Bath and Body Works, ate way too much pie, enjoyed spending time with AJ's parents who stayed with us through Saturday morning, went to a dinner party with friends, saw "Allied" (enjoyed it!), had Thanksgiving dinner with both sets of families and my sister, Libby, who was home from college, and deep cleaned the house. Whew!
My mother in law made this gorgeous apple pie. She also made 2 pumpkins and I made a peanut butter cream pie. It was a very sweet holiday! 

I was on the hunt for a new wreath and found this cute one. 

I am absolutely in love with these boot socks. I found them a few weeks ago and am sort of obsessed. 

Photo bombed by mom!

Bath and Body was CRAY on Friday (lines just to get in the door). But I stocked up on Wallflowers and discovered this scent, Snowflakes and Cashmere, it's my new fave

I was a little worried about how the first major holiday without Hadley would go. All in all, it went okay. Of course the actual day of Thanksgiving was a little sad, and I had already practically planned her outfits for all the major holidays. There's a hole and it's Hadley-sized and there's no denying that. BUT....this time last year I was only like a week pregnant (and wouldn't know until early December) and the thought of meeting my baby girl was not even on my radar. We had miracles this year. We had heaps of heartache, too, but we choose to try and focus on our miracles. There was no searching for what I was thankful for this year. I am thankful for her. Every second of every day.
One of the happiest moments of my life and my highlight of 2016 (tied with when I got to hold Hads for the first time)

We wrapped up the weekend with this yummy turkey pinwheel recipe and I predict a facial mask, a glass of pinot, Sister Wives premiere and an early bedtime for this girl. I hope your Thanksgiving was delicious, delightful, and most of all, full of love. I am thankful for YOU, sweet readers, who put up with my randomness and ramblings. Knowing you read, you care, you connect, and relate, keeps me writing. Thank you!


2 comments: