Tuesday, November 1, 2016

What I'm Loving Lately

Hey there! It's been a minute since I've posted a WILL...so here it is! November edition: where is time going??

1. Movie Afternoons with my Man. We've spent a few Sundays over the past few months going to movies and it's been really fun. Of course the experience is not complete without a tub of popcorn. But it's the perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon (especially when it's gloomy out!) We saw "Girl on the Train" last week and enjoyed it. I read the book and the movie sticks very closely to it.

2. Halloween: Can we just take a second to wonder why the calendar gods had Halloween fall on a MONDAY? Truth be told, I was sort of dreading it and it wasn't that bad. I wanted a Halloween costume that was a character that my kids knew this year so I was Pete the Cat! The Halloween party was cute, chill, and clean (my 3 party necessities) and all in all, it wasn't too bad. It was such a beautiful evening that AJ and I sat in the driveway and handed out candy there. Of course it was one of the major holidays without our girl so I was sort of bummed. I had a fun family costume planned (of course I did) and I'm tucking it away for future use. I hope my Hadley was an angel this year. After all, it's a simple costume for her, really.


3. The Voice: I need to fill The Bachelor reality TV void in my life and I have turned to this show. I am loving it! Team Alicia is my fave (because Alicia is like a soulful goddess) but there are lots of great contestants on all the teams. Brenden and Darby are my most faves. I love hearing new songs and rediscovering old ones. I'm hooked on this one.

4. Boot Camp: I am going strong and have set a goal to get my "50 workouts" star on the wall before 2016 is up. I am working hard, dripping sweat, pushing myself, and really enjoying it. I joined for weight loss but I am discovering the benefits of increased energy, feeling stronger, and those good ol' endorphins. I am so glad I made this step for myself.

5. Tunics and Leggings: I pretty much was seriously lacking on my spring/summer wardrobe (see: pregnant, then too sad to shop). Now that it's fall I'm trying out some fun new looks and I am crazy about long tunic + leggings + boots. Throw on an infinity scarf and you have my uniform. Here's some style inspiration I found on Pinterest and am loving:




6. Coffee: So I went decaf/half caff when I was pregnant and boy, did I miss a rich full caff latte. They are back in my life in a big way and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Christmas season at Starbucks (I legit CRIED when I walked in and saw my Chicago location decked out for the holidays one year. It was quite literally the place where I planned all my lessons my first two years teaching and it just felt cozy/homey/holiday cute and I loved it so much. I know, I'm a nerd. Coffee and Christmas forever!) Also, can some coffee lover give me any and all info on the "Flat White?" It only comes in one size and I'm apt not to trust things that come in one size only. #butreallythough
My new coffee traveler: "Love you a latte"  

7. Magazines: I have a STACK of books I want to read this fall, but I am loving the light reads of People, Glamour,  Oprah, Food Network magazine, and even Family Circle (yes, I subscribe to that). Perfect reads when I'm tired, want to take a bubble bath, or whenever. Magazines are my jam lately.
8. Amy Schumer: So yes, I do have the stack of books to read beside my nightstand, but I have been on the waitlist for Amy's book for weeks so when it came in over Fall Break, I knew I had to press pause on all other books and read this one. I devoured it. It's funny, cute (warning: raunchy), and has just enough heart to make it touching to boot. Read this one if you're a woman in your 20's. Just kidding, read this, everyone! She's awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment