Wednesday, April 19, 2017

2017 Reads

So at the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself to read 30 books in 2017. It's been so great to track my reading progress. Reading is so relaxing, makes me a better writer, and I find the more I read the more I want to read. Without further ado.....here are the 2017 reads so far. (Also I am in the process of trying to organize the blog a bit better, but did you know you can click on "books" under categories on the side and see all the posts I've done about books? Check it out!)

1. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
2. Ruthless by Ron Miscavige
3. Lone Wolf by Jodi Piccoult
4. The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell
5. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
6. Giddy Up Eunice by Sophie Hudson
7. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
8. A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
9. Hey Harry, Hey Matilda by Rachel Hulin
10. Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
11. The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
12. What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
And since I blogged last about books.....
13. My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella: This was a fun little read. Cute, predictable, and the perfect read to bring you right into summer time.

14. What She Knew by Gilly MacMillan: We listened to most of this on our Oregon road trip. It was good but not great. It's been compared to Girl on the Train or Gone Girl and in my opinion it doesn't even come close. But it was suspenseful and interesting.

15. Room by Emma Donoghue: Easily one of my favorite books on this list. I devoured it in 24 hours and loved it. Having a child narrator was brilliant (and as someone who spends all day with 6 year olds, it was extremely accurate) and now I really want to see this movie!


16. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprin Sweeney: I'm a little over half way through this one and really enjoying it so far. Smart, funny, entertaining. It's all about family drama over an inheritance.


And in the pile coming up next.....

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick (I've been on the library waitlist for months for this one!).

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Happily Ever After by Trista Stutter (A score I found at Dollar Tree!)

Three cheers for 2017 books! Ok, what books are MUST READS you think?? I love your suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment