Friday, November 10, 2017

Book Talk!


Since I last blogged I have read some great books that I've really enjoyed. I liked Lauren Graham's book (typical but still pretty entertaining, I had no idea she was dating the lead actor from Parenthood, so cute!), found Caitlyn Jenner's book Secrets of My Life to be super interesting (I had no idea she struggled with her identity pretty much her entire life. It was heartbreaking to read of her struggles but also joyful that she can now be her genuine self), but I really really loved the book Tell Me Three Things. This is a young adult book and I devoured it in 3 days. I could not put it down. I found the main character likeable and endearing, and the teenage romance in it was the cutest thing ever. I highly recommend this charming sweet read. I am currently reading Pupcakes a Christmas themed chick-lit novel. 


Here is the complete 2017 reads list (so far. I hope to get in a few more in the next few weeks). I decided to put stars next to the 2017 reads that I liked best of all. 

1. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
2. Ruthless by Ron Miscavige
3. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult*
4. The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell
5. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist*
6. Giddy Up Eunice by Sophie Hudson
7. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
8. A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams*
9. Hey Harry, Hey Matilda by Rachel Hulin
10. Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
11. The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
12. What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
13. My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
14. What She Knew by Gilly MacMillan
15. Room by Emma Donoghue*
16. The Nest by Cynthina D'Aprix Sweeney
17. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
18. Happily Ever After by Trista Sutter1
9. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover*
20. The Clasp by Sloane Crosley
21. Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr John Townsend
22. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
23. One Less Problem Without You by Beth Harbison
24. Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
25. An Unseen Angel by Alissa Parker
26. This is Not Over by Holly Brown*
27. By The Numbers by Jen Lancaster
*28. House Rules by Jodi Picoult *
29. Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance*
30. Sweet Bitter by Stephanie Danler
31. Save Me by Lisa Scottoline
32. Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist*
33. How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley
34. The Girls by Emma Cline
35. How To Eat a Cupcake by Meg Donohue
36. Stories I'd Tell in Bars by Jen Lancaster
37. Into The Water by Paula Hawkins
38. If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins*
39. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
40. The Hollywood Daughter by Kate Alcott
41. Class Mom by Laurie Gelman
42. The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright
43. More Than Happy by Serena Miller
44. A Fireproof Home For The Bride by Amy Scheibe
45. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
46. The Identicals by Ellen Hilderbrand
*47. The Daughter by Jane Shemilt
48. Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle*
49. Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan
50. The Trouble with Lexie by Jessica Anya Blau*
51. The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro
52. Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
53. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum* 
54. The Secret of My Life by Caitlyn Jenner
55. Pupcakes by Annie England Noblin 

The books I have reserved at the library/checked out to read next: The Gatekeepers by Jen Lancaster, The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell, and The Gift by Cecelia Ahern. What are some books you are enjoying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment