Saturday, November 18, 2017

Bumpdate: 32 Weeks

It's been a while since I've done a Bumpdate! You can check out my 23 week and 27 week  bumpdates too if you'd like. Sometimes just for fun I check out my blog traffic stats and found it interesting that anything having to do with pregnancy and babies (Hadley and our little man) typically gets 4-5 times more page views than any other posts. I get it and agree: these little ones are the best thing about me. So thank you for reading, caring, and praying. I love this little blog space. 

 This week is the 32 week Bumpdate! Can you believe it?? I sure can't! Thanksgiving week was a huge huge milestone in my heart. It just meant that I made it through the whole fall pregnant and that I was nearing the final month or so. Unless you've had a preterm baby (in Hadley's case, very preterm), I don't think you can really grasp the joy that being pregnant each week brings. Baby is still in there---growing! I get so excited each week that he stays put.
 So as of last week, I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been! And it's definitely different. I feel like my bump is BIG and I even got some new maternity clothes last week. I was holding out, but when your maternity shirt is still not covering the belly, it's time for some upgrades. I can't do things as quickly as I used to (and for a go-er and a do-er like me, that's a harsh realization). I always sit in the same spot on our couch, in the corner of the two pieces and lately it's been quite the effort to leave my corner space to stand up! Thank goodness for AJ to help me as I scoot and grunt my way up (#truth). 

I spent SO much time in the hospital last year that I for sure wanted something cute and comfy to wear for recovery. Target PJ section to the rescue! 

The nursery is done except for 2 things: the crib skirt and the changing pad cover. I ordered both from Etsy and they are due to arrive in the next few weeks. I love hanging out in there and AJ's taken to playing his guitar and reading or drinking coffee in the nursery rocking chair. We only have 5 more weekly shots left and while I usually whine and whimper getting it (they hurt!), AJ reminds me of the important truth: I'm getting shots so hopefully our little guy won't need to be poked and hooked up to machines as much as his sister was. Ok, so worth it! 
My parents go us this cute tie blanket kit and finally this kiddo can have something homemade by his non-crafty mom!

I still crave Chick-fil-A (I don't think it's pregnancy anymore, it's just who I am now), english muffins, peanut butter, and I drink a ton of water (coconut la croix forever and ever). Yes, I still puke most mornings. People are always like "Omg, that's horrible!" and yes, it is. BUT I puked morning, noon, and night for most of the first trimester so once a day? I can work with that. 
My view from my desk at school. He likes to kick up a storm during math lessons and when I read aloud to the kids. I always tell them he'll be the smartest baby ever because he's been in 1st grade right along with them all year. 

We tried once again to get a good view of our little man's face, but at our last ultrasound a few weeks ago he had both hands covering his face. So needless to say, we can't wait to look in his eyes and finally meet face to face. He is predicted to be about 4 and a quarter lbs. this week! 
We took some time to have a little brunch after our doc appointment this week. Hey when you have half the day off! 

Overall this pregnancy has gone well, but I will not sugar-coat it. It's scary. SO scary trying again after loss. We know there is no such thing as "in the clear." Every time I get excited and filled with anticipation and joy there's still a piece of me that thinks, "But what if...." I know that based on what we went through it's normal, but I don't want to cheat this baby out of a joyful pregnancy and birth experience because I am terrified. He deserves better than my fear. Easier said than done. So we wait. We pray. We dream. We fret. We hope. We remember and miss Hadley fiercely. We plan. We anticipate. We worry. And we lift each other up. Literally...that corner of the couch is no joke.

1 comment:

  1. Love the comfy cardigan. I am so excited for you. Boys are great until they hit three lol. Your bump is so cute. I hope all is going well at your knew school.

    ReplyDelete