Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like....

It's beginning to look a lot like:
Christmas!
Baby!
End of 2017!
Nesting!

So I haven't blogged in two weeks but I'm 35 weeks pregnant, the holidays are coming, and I'm doing what I want! But really, every time I've settled in to write a blog post I realized I didn't have much to say. Life feels simultaneously like it's going at warp speed and also going slowly. I have NINE teaching days left for the year and until maternity leave. It's 9 days filled with all sorts of festive fun and enjoying my time with "my kids" before my own kiddo enters the scene.
Last week, 34 weeks 

We went on a date night this week for Chinese food 
Our days have been filled with getting ready for the holidays (we are skipping gifts for each other and family and not putting up a tree.....huge stress relief right there), but there are always last minute holiday things to pick up and get ready for. I've been nesting a ton and enjoying this phase of pregnancy because I've never experienced this part! I've washed all the sweet wittle newborn clothes and socks and we have little man's bassinet in our room all ready to go. We got our carseats installed last week (I found out the police department will install for you to make sure they are put in correctly. The kind officer gave us all kinds of great car/baby safety tips and saved us countless swear words that would have come up had we done it ourselves), and this week's baby goal is getting a basic hospital bag prepared. I treated myself to a prenatal massage this weekend and it. was. delightful.  It's all exciting and while I am giddy with joy---- I am so scared. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there will be a third person living here. My previous pregnancy journey ended in sorrow so it's hard to imagine a different ending. I found this quote this week that I've really connected with for this final stretch of pregnancy:

I have been reading a lot lately and am on book 60 of the year! I know I say this all the time but I cannot emphasize enough how much dedicating myself to reading has meant to me this year. I have laughed, cried, discovered great authors, read suggestions from friends, passed good books along, and have really just enjoyed my time in 2017 between the pages. I don't know what 2018 will hold but I know I want to continue my journey as a reader.
This was a cute modern twist of a Christmas Carol story. Perfect light seasonal read. 

Lots of people recommended this one and I really liked it! Super suspenseful. 

In other news, huge shout out to my sister Libby who graduates from Arizona State tomorrow! We are so proud of you!

Here's to enjoying these last two weeks before Christmas! May your days be merry and bright. And if you can't enjoy a seasonal cocktail, then at least enjoy a festive seasonal mani.



No comments:

Post a Comment