Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hank's Lumberjack Lodge Nursery

It's time for a tour of Hank's space! I love decorating spaces and baby rooms are the BEST! Even before I was pregnant, I loved looking at nursery ideas online and going to the baby store. Hadley's nursery was almost finished when she arrived. Her room was gold, coral, and teal and featured polka dot and gray accents. Before we found out the gender of baby #2 I decided even if we were having a girl, I would switch up the nursery because that was Hadley's space and her decorations. When we found out in August we were having a boy, it was game on in the nursery department and I began collecting items for it right away. The way I see it, this is the last time we will have complete say in how his room is decorated so we might as well have fun doing it, right? We had the crib, dresser, rocker, and bookcase already. Once we picked the paint color, we let the fun begin! Since Hank arrived in the winter, we thought a cozy Lumberjack Lodge theme was perfect for our little guy!

The paint color is Tres Naturale by Sherwin Williams. I loved how it turned out (the nursery was gray before).
Right when you walk in we have a print that says "Amazing Grace How Sweet The Sound" (Hobby Lobby). AJ's dad installed a light dimmer and I LOVE it! 
These floating shelves are from Ikea. Of course we needed the Boss Baby book on display. The plaid candle was a gift from my family. The tree and moose are from Hobby Lobby 

Even though Hank sleeps in our room we set up the video monitor to use when Hank was on light therapy in his crib. Jesus Calling is a great devotional for kids....I used it when I taught at the Catholic school and love the daily messages to kids from Jesus. The fishing bear is from At Home. The white rose is dried and is the one from Hadley's funeral.
These trees! These have white lights and they are from Sam's Club (Thanks to Kandi for having your eye out and finding them for me. I searched and searched and wanted a matching set of 3 skinny trees that were prelit and affordable. These are them!). AJ was not into the idea of trees in the room year round (not just for Christmas) , but once they were in place, he agreed they bring this corner together. It's a perfect space to put Hank's stuffed animals. When he gets bigger, I'm going to use these trees for living room Christmas decorating #recycling 

Our beloved Diaper genie! The crib changing pad cover is from Etsy (Lola's Lovelies) and the wood banner is from Hobby Lobby 

I adore this corner! AJ's dad does woodworking and I requested a tiny table (to hold bottles etc) by the rocker that looked like a log. Look what he made for us! I love this unique piece! 
Canvas print from Hobby Lobby 


This picture frame is from Ikea.. We included some wedding pictures, family pictures, us and some quotes and lyrics we like 
The burlap curtains are from Amazon. Our house smelled like a potato sack for about a month, but the scent has finally disappeared! 

I ordered some sheets from Etsy (Lumberjack Beavers), picked up some basic ones at Target, and splurged on this personalized one from Carousel Designs 

A family friend made this cross stitch for us! It says "From Little Seeds Grow Mighty Trees" and it has his birth date and weight on it. 

The plaid moose is from Hobby Lobby. AJ's mom made the "H." It's made from twigs and is so cool looking. 

All these items are from Hobby Lobby. The wooden flags were too long for above the changing pad so I decided to cut off three from the original strand and stick them here. 

I ordered the Bear Lamp from a catalog called Collections Inc..When it's dark and you turn it on, pine tree silhouettes show up on the lampshade. It's so fun!  A friend made the cute plaid leaf cross stitch for us. Next to the books to the left is a framed picture of the beach at Lincoln City (our favorite place). The whale is the very first thing we bought for Hank! The gray polka dot bin has some toys.rattles etc. 
We were gifted this Harley Davidson frame (for my motorcycle biker baby Hadley) and knew we needed to include a picture of big sister in the nursery. 

The Flannel candle smells so good and makes a relaxing/yummy scented space in the nursery. To the left is a sound machine. 
These moose hooks are from Hobby Lobby (can you tell I love that place?). He has some hats on the top one and the bottom one features the next holiday from his seasonal bib collection (Valentine's Day we are ready for you!). 

We searched all over for a great light fixture that was rustic but not like an antler chandelier! We found this one at Lighting Design. It has yellow-ish Edison bulbs that look just as nice on as they do off 

I ordered the wall decal online and I cannot for the life of me remember where it was from! The crib skirt is red buffalo check plaid and matches the changing pad cover (they are from the same Etsy shop). To the right of the crib I have a little bouncy seat I found on KSL that he's a bit small for now. Eventually I want to put in some additional shelving there for toys, games, and books. 





Thanks for stopping by Hank's Lumberjack Lodge!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment