Sunday, April 8, 2018

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

I got on a major overnight oatmeal kick last spring. The thing is, oatmeal is super easy to make and takes 2 minutes in the microwave, but there's just something extra delicious about oatmeal that hangs out overnight in all sorts of yummy ingredients. I've done some experimenting in the kitchen and I've come up with this version that I am loving. So put together breakfast the night before. By the time the sun rises, you'll be glad you did!

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

Cast of Characters:

-1 over ripe banana (I freeze mine once they get brown-ish and just thaw when I'm ready to use)
-1 cup oats
-3/4 cup milk
-1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1/2 tsp. cinnamom
-2 tsp. honey OR pure maple syrup (I've tried both)
-about 5 whole strawberries sliced
-1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Note: you can double the amount of milk and eliminate the yogurt if you prefer

Mix all ingredients well, cover and refrigerate overnight. That's it! In the morning I stir it up and heat for about 2 minutes. This makes a big batch (although I have no problem devouring it all!) so you could double or triple it and make enough for a few mornings at a time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment