Monday, September 16, 2019

Life Lately

Long time no blog! I need writing time in my life so weeks where life gets busy make me really miss this tiny corner of the internet. We are BACK. IN. A. GROOVE. I always seem to forget how busy the first few weeks of school are. September has been a blast so far!

 Last weekend my mom, sister, and I went to get pedis and did some shopping. Fun times! By the way, did you know my sister has an amazing blog called UT Caffeine Queen? That evening we went to the State Fair. Hank loved all the animals. AJ and I had a bit of sticker shock over the price of corn dogs, but all in all, a fun time with my family.



This giant bubble machine was a big hit with the toddler crowd

Hank loves animals! 


This weekend, AJ's family was in town for a visit. It's been so nice having constant care for Hank and home cooked meals that yours truly didn't need to prepare! Friday night AJ and I went and saw IT Chapter 2. It was GOOD. Not as great as the first It (I loved that movie), but still creepy and crazy.
Saturday morning my family met up with AJ's family and we all had breakfast together and took Hank to the park. It was so nice having everyone together. After naps for all that afternoon, AJ and I went to see Carrie Underwood! It was a great show and so cool to see her since I've been a fan since her American Idol days (when I was in high school, sheesh!). I also immediately googled her fitness regimen after the show----girlfriend is FIT and energetic! I've been enjoying listening to some of her older stuff since the show.




I felt like the time was right this past Sunday morning for my annual Hadley and Mommy Pumpkin Spice Latte date. I brought a picnic blanket and spent an hour just sitting in the beautiful sunshine with my girl. If you want to know more about this special tradition, read THIS post or THIS ONE. It's a tradition I savor and love celebrating my girl that way each year.



On Sunday we took AJ's family to one of our favorite places: The Aquarium! Hank literally cheers when we pull in. He loved showing his favorite stuff to grandma and grandpa. I cannot believe I'll have a 2 year old in just a few months. This phase is so fun. I just adore the little person Hank is and hearing him talk and express himself is precious.



Little man leading the way 

I have a few other posts in the works, and I appreciate your patience with my sporadic (Clueless reference, anyone?) posts. I have truly felt the working mom juggle this year. Balancing teaching (and ALL that entails), fitness, home life, not looking like a hobo (guys, I bought my first EYE CREAM last week. Real talk, indeed), toddlerhood, my math class (ugh), meal planning and prepping, watching all the absolute crap that I enjoy (I didn't say my commitments were all beneficial/neccesary), and having fun, too, is a lot. Most days I'm running on dry shampoo, lattes, prayers for patience, and 15 minute podcast bursts in the car....and I'm also usually adding something to my Smith's Clicklist cart every hour or so when I remember something we're out of, But you know what? I'm grateful for it all. Have a fabulous week, everyone! And make sure to visit Target and browse the Fall goodies. It's basically a prescribed form of self care. Right??

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment