Friday, January 3, 2020

Top 5 Reads of 2019

I love reading. Obviously. I teach reading. I read everyday. I love the library and book stores with a passion. And one of the things I also enjoy is documenting my reads each month and sharing them with YOU.

I also love to get book ideas from others so please share your must reads with me, I'll add them to my list! I do want to say that if you are not a reader, no fear. You just haven't found your book yet. Try visiting the library or a book store, find an author you enjoy, read their work, then find others like it, and next thing you know, your TBR ("to be read") pile is ready to roll. I think regular reading works like any other habit....it takes time to make it part of your every day.

I read 58 books this year, and I struggled to narrow down my faves to only 5. But I finally did it and all 5 of these share a common theme: Strong female leads. And Lizzo said Amen!

5 Fave Reads of 2019 (in no particular order):

1. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid


2. No Exit by Taylor Adams

3. Becoming by Michelle Obama

4. Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

5. Again but Better by Christina Riccio

Honorable Mentions:
-Lean Habits for Lifelong Weight Loss by Georgie Fear
-Glow Kids by Nicholas Kardaras
-The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
-Life Will Be the Death of Me by Chelsea Handler
-Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand

2019 was an amazing year for reading and I can't wait to get my hands on all of the amazing books that await in 2020. For the detailed reviews of all of my 2019 books, click HERE.

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

And now here are all the books I've read in 2019....with stars by my faves!
1. An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
2. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick
3. The Last Original Wife by Dorothea Benton Frank
4. *Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
5. Happy Teachers Change The World by Thich Nhat Hanh and Katherine Weare
6. The Day I Went Missing by Jennifer Miller
7. *Glow Kids by Kardaras Nicholas
8. Final Girls by Riley Sager
9. *Becoming by Michelle Obama
10. As Long As We Both Shall Live by Joann Chaney
11. *The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth
12. If You Only Knew by Jamie Ivey
13. *The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman
14. Adequate Yearly Progress by Roxanne Elden
15. *Regrets Only by Erin Duffy
16. *Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell
17. I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella
18. *The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
19. *Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott
20. When Did I Get Like This? by Amy Wilson
21. *Good Riddance by Elinor Lipman
22. Maid by Stephanie Land
23. Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson
24. Sh*tty Mom by Laurie Kilmartin, Karen Moline, Alicia Ybarbo, MaryAnn Zoellner
25. Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson
26. Dietland by Sarai Walker
27. The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth
28. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
29. *Life Will Be the Death of Me by Chelsea Handler
30. *Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand
31. Those Other Women by Nicola Moriarty
32. *The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
33.  Roar by Cecelia Ahern
34. A Love Letter Life by Jeremy and Audrey Roloff
35. The Summer of Good Intentions by Wendy Frances
36. *Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
37. *Can I Get An Amen? by Sarah Healy
38. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
39. *Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
40. How Do You Tuck In a Superhero? by Rachel Balducci
41. City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert 
42. *No Exit by Taylor Adams
43. *Things You Save In a Fire by Katherine Center
44. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
45. *Again But Better by Christine Riccio
46. *Secrets from the Eating Lab by Traci Mann
47. I Liked My Life by Abby Fabiaschi
48. Well Met by Jen DeLuca
49. What Happens In Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
50. Ghost by Jason Reynolds
51. *You've Been Volunteered by Laurie Gelman
52. Naturally Tan by Tan France
53. The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell 
54. Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews
55. *Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
56. *Miracles and Other Reasonable Things by Sarah Bessey
57. Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
58. *Lean Habits for Lifelong Weightloss by Georgie Fear 

1 comment:

  1. I used your book list as a reference to make my book list for 2020! I already read three of your recommends over break and loved them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete