Sunday, November 29, 2020

What I'm Loving Lately

 Woohoo! It's another installment of What I'm Loving Lately! To see past W.I.L.L. posts, click HERE

I love writing these posts because I think it's so important to tune into all the things we love....big or small. They all help make life extra special. 



1. Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions----T Swift is serving up the surprises this year and I am so here for it. This is a special that premiered on Disney Plus last week (this and Hamilton are worth the price of admission alone. Hank would say continual access to Ratatouille and The Incredibles are the masterpieces of Disney Plus). Folklore is probably my favorite album ever. I love every single track and this special is so eye-opening as it shines a light and gives backstories to every single song. She performs with Jack Antonoff (who is basically Ric Moranis' doppelganger) and Aaron Dessner in a stripped down, acoustic style at a cabin in upstate New York. It's beautiful and proves that Taylor's music is maturing as her audience is growing older. This documentary is definitely something I'm loving lately. 


2. Christmas music and decorating! I am in holiday music 24/7 phase now and we finished decorating our house for the holidays. We moved here at the beginning of January so it's been so fun to decorate our new house (last year was very paired down since we were packing up). In terms of music, I LOVE Carrie Underwood and John Legend's song, "Hallelujah." Listen asap if you haven't heard yet. 





3. Skinnydipped Nuts: I randomly tossed these into my cart a few weeks ago and these are delightful. They're yogurt and chocolate coated nuts. There's lots of fun flavors but the lemon almonds are my fave. Smiths carries a few types but Harmons has the most different varities. These are a perfect sweet little snack. 





4. Time at Home: Besides work and a few errands, we really do pretty much stay home. That means I rarely wear makeup and real clothes from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. I do miss outings and date nights, but with my Monday through Friday feeling so busy (especially this time of year!), I've been savoring these slow weekends. AJ's parents came last week for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed our meal together and kept it nice and small just the 5 of us. AJ made his first ever turkey on the Traeger and it was soooo good! I was really excited to host my very first Thanksgiving for my family and AJ's, including our siblings, but with Covid, we kept it simple. It was still a lovely time to relax and cook at home. I made a new corn casserole and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. AJ's mom made delicious pumpkin pie and orange cranberry sauce. We had lots more sides and I have been loving the delicious turkey sandwiches in the days that followed! 

5. Shows: The DVR is back in action after a slow period there. Here's a quick rundown of what's playing over here:

-Shark Tank: forever and always. I love this show. 

-The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City: Ohhh my goodness, I love this trainwreck! It is so fun seeing familiar restaurants and sights! The women are over the top and NO, they do not represent Utah women (well, maybe some, haha). 


-My Big Fat Fabulous Life: This season is sad since Whitney is so happy about her engagement but we know in real time, the relationship blows up. This season was also filmed right when all the lockdowns started so that's been interesting to watch too. 

-Hillbilly Elegy: This book is wonderful and the new movie on Netflix is excellent too. It's hard to watch but also uplifting. If you've read the book, watch this, I think you'll love it. If you haven't read the book, pick it up! It's the true story of a Yale Law student who is called back to his small Ohio town and confronts his "hillbilly" roots of his family's history in Appalachia. It's heartbreaking and inspiring. 


-Virgin River: I really enjoyed season 1 of this show and was excited to see season 2 on Netflix. I haven't watched yet but I'm excited to dive in.

-The Bachelorette: I think the guys on this season are really endearing and entertaining! I hope Tayshia finds love. She's classy and fun. 

-The Good Doctor: I love this show and I really appreciated how they handled Cornonavirus. I love the medical drama, the relationships. It's just a great show. 

-Southern Charm: This season is really different as some of my fave cast members aren't on this season, but this falls in the same category as Real Housewives---an entertaining, eyerolling, hilarious trainwreck. I've watched every season so I suppose there's no quitting now! 

6. Holiday Fun: I love this time of year but I love it even more now that I have a toddler that is VERY into the holidays this year! We have tickets to see some drive thru light shows (Cross E Ranch and Christmas in Color for those who are local), but we also love just driving around looking at lights! 1731 Hidden Valley Club Drive in Sandy is amazing and we've been twice already! There's a line just to get into the cul-de-sac, but it is worth it! Let me know of any other great lights around town! 


Now I haven't received my phone bill yet this month so don't come crying to me if this number charges an insane amount, lol. But this Santa voicemail is a FAVORITE around here. It's a cute little recorded message from the Big Guy himself reminding kids to LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS. Amen, Mr. Claus! (951) 262-3062

There is so much to LOVE...in the midst of this weird year. Lots of sparkle to savor. In the midst of the peppermint, glittery, Hallmark movie, frosted and festive fun, I want to keep the real meaning of this season front and center. This quote from Ann Voskamp spoke to me this week. 
Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment