Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Young, Wild, and THREE!

 My little man, my sweet Hank Grayson, is THREE! I cannot believe it's been 3 years but in so many ways I cannot remember life before I became Hank's mom. The moment I laid eyes on him, I knew life would never be the same. My world instantly filled with color. Hank is, in a word, JOY. He loves big and finds happiness in even the most simple of things or experiences. 

 Hank loves to chat and is very observant. He remembers tiny details and makes connections. We were playing Don't Break The Ice recently and he said, "Mom, I know you like pink, but since there's not a pink hammer, do you think you'd like purple?" He's friendly, kind, and full of spunk and hilarity. He always says, unprompted, "I love my life." I mean, have you ever heard a toddler say that??? He gets very excited for things that matter to him and his energy is contagious.


 I pray everyday Hank never loses his zest for life and care for others. These are two traits that emerged very early on with him and to me, are 2 of life's most important features: appreciate what you have and love others well. I mean, that's all there is, right?!  Here's some things Hank loves:

-his blue bunny named Zoe from Arctic Circle
-Paw Patrol
-Daniel Tiger
-dance parties (Baby Yoda and Chicken Nugget Dreamland are his jams) 
-going SO fast on his wiggle bike in the basement
-Spiderman and pretending to shoot out a web
-stacking toys to make an obstacle course "playground" 
-"Buzz and Woody" 
-tight squeezes (hugs)
-baking with mom
-reading a bible story before bed every night with mommy 
-daddy rubbing his back before bed
-morning milk time watching a show (9 out of 10 times he's naked. He would be naked all day every day if we let him, lol)
-Grandma/Grandpa from the Wasatch (that's what he calls my parents)
-Grandma/Grandpa at the bunny house (AJ's parents, who have a bunny that hangs out in their yard)
-vanilla steamers and banana bread from Starbucks
-ABC Mouse
-basketball 
-School (he calls it "su-ell") 
-Writing/drawing with pens
-pacis (yes, we are still in a love affair with the pacis. He only has it for sleep and winding down with milk at night) 
-Trolls World Tour
-Aunt Libby and Uncle Matt 
-the moon (grandpa in Oregon is teaching him the official names of the phases. I got schooled the other day and was informed it was a waxing moon. Umm what? Lol). 
-lights/inflatables/holiday decorations
-doing "side eye" and "Zen Hank" and making us crack up
-Chicken nuggets and "dip" (sweet and sour sauce/ketchup)
-ice cream
-SOCCER!
-his teachers




To see Hank through the years, click HERE

To celebrate, I ordered a Toy Story cake for a little family treat and we will open gifts in the evening. I am hoping it'll be safe to gather this summer and he can have a little half birthday. He's begging for a bounce house/backyard pool party.....fingers crossed! And now, I can't help myself, here are some pictures of my Lovebug. Happy Birthday, Hankers. You are pure JOY! 












No comments:

Post a Comment