Sunday, December 27, 2020

Year in Review

 Hi Friends!

     I just love love love year in review posts, specials, and articles. When I found out I was an ENFJ/enneagram 9 personality type, welp, it just all clicked into place WHY I love that stuff so dang much. I love to reflect. Freaking love it. I love looking back, gleaning lessons, and thinking about what went well, what could go better, and memory lane is a place I love to hang out (Maybe that's why I love Buzzfeed "You Might Be a 90's Kid if..." lists). 

2020 was the strangest year of my life. Fortunately, not the toughest. And for that I am so thankful. Here's a monthly run down of our 2020. 


January: Hank and AJ both had horrible cases of the flu right at the start of the year but they got better just in time for us to move into our new house. 



February: Hank started swim lessons. AJ's parents came to visit. We hosted a Super Bowl party. We had a snow day. 



March: The world closed down. There was a 5.7 magnitude earthquake. We adjusted to being virtual teachers. Hank started staying home from school. 


April: Staying home. Celebrated Easter at home. More online teaching. AJ's brother Matt got engaged. 




May: Watched Tiger King (lol). Visited The Spiral Jetty. I spent a lot of time reading outside. 



June: The school year ended (so bittersweet). We visited St. George. We celebrated Hadley's 4th birthday. 



July: AJ's parents came to visit. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Lots of hikes, visits to the farm, Payson Lakes, Ashton Gardens, and walks. We got a Traeger. 





August: I finished my math endorsement. Our backyard was finished and we spent a lot of time out there. We all went back to school. We bought a new car. 



September: Hank got a big boy bed. Lots of outside time. 



October: Hank was Buzz for Halloween. We road tripped to Oregon for a few days over Fall Break. 




November: We had our first Thanksgiving at our house. Joe Biden will be the next President of the United States. 



December: Hank turned 3. We spent a lot of time looking at Christmas lights. We are officially done teaching in 2020! 




 Thanks so much for following along at This Sunday Kinda Love! 2020 was weird and hard and painful. But I promise if you look (sometimes you have to look hard!), there are moments of pure joy and happiness.  Happy 2021 to you! 

Savor Your Sparkle, Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment