Monday, July 20, 2015

Crazy for Bubble Bakes

I love casseroles. Maybe it's because they remind me of church potlucks and get togethers. Or maybe because it's an easy one dish meal. But I think maybe the real reason is cheese. If you're working a casserole that doesn't have cheese, well then, we might not see eye to eye.

About a year ago I made a casserole called "Bubble Up Enchilada Bake." It was labeled as a Weight Watchers recipe, but see above re: cheese. AJ LOVED it and so did I. It's become a staple around here. The "Bubble Up" part refers to the cut up Pillsbury biscuits you throw in the mix that well, "bubble up" adding a yummy doughy element to the dish. Here's the link if you want to try. It's yum, I promise. Bubble Up Enchiladas

NOW.....I was pinning the other day (typical) and I come across a Bubble Up PIZZA Casserole. Hold the phone. I added it to our weekly meal plan and it was a WINNER. It's basically like the one above but substitute Italian sausage for ground beef, pizza sauce for enchilada sauce, mushrooms for black beans and mozzarella for cheddar. I just know you could add veggies and make it even better. I'm thinking spinach/artichoke. We have a new recipe for the meal rotation and all in one pan? Winning. It's perfect for next day lunch, too. Bubble Up Pizza.

Bubble Up Pizza pre-cheese (you add cheese for last 10 mins of baking) 

Both of these recipes come from the site Emily Bites. Thanks, Emily, these rock!

PS) There's also a Bubble Up Breakfast Bake! I plan on getting some eggs and things and whipping that baby up, too.

Let me know if you make these or something similar in the comments. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment