Sunday, April 17, 2016

Life Lately

Hey there blog land,
   Seems like life is busy these days and while I always have good intentions to blog, when I have some spare minutes I can usually be found:

-taking a snooze (napping for two here, folks)
-Reading
-Walking in the beautiful sunshine
-Catching up on the DVR with my hubby

So....what's been happening in our neck of the woods?

1) Baby. Obvi this is number one. Baby girl will be 23 weeks cooked this week. She's been moving a lot and I just love that feeling! My sweet coworkers from my old school threw a friend and I a Baby Shower Brunch this past weekend and it just makes me so happy how loved our girl is and how people are excited for her arrival. I promise to do a post soon about our Hypno-birthing classes and some of the cool stuff we've been learning. And EIGHT paint samples and about 100 paint swatches later, we have finally settled on the perfect light gray shade for the nursery walls. Getting that done (well, hubby is doing it, pregnant women shouldn't be near paint so I'll be downstairs providing snacks and moral support) is our goal this month. Just thinking about her arrival and her welcome into our family makes me giddy.



2) We saw "The Boss" last week and I loved it, AJ hated it. I think Melissa McCarthy is pure genius and can I get a what what for a non-skinny celeb woman?



3) We are seeing Dave Ramsey's "Smart Money" tour in a few weeks and I cannot wait! I love listening to Dave's podcasts when I flat iron my hair or do random chores. His common sense approach is refreshing and I love listening to the caller questions.


4) There are, as of right now, 34 days left of school and I am one happy teacher! Before the end of the year, we will be making butter,  writing a "how to" paper for how to make lemonade, watching 5 caterpillars turn to butterflies, making mother's day gifts, memory books, and hopefully jumping some reading levels in there too. Lord please give me the strength to make it through. I hope I look back on this teaching year and laugh. Instead of cry. Moving on....




5) I have been on a berry kick lately and came across this raspberry chia jam recipe online and thought it looked delicious and easy. Might attempt it soon.


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment