Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Simple Spring Supper

With spring comes grilling season! I also love all the fresh fruits and veggies in season. Spring cooking is the best! This week, we had a delicious dinner: marinated grilled chicken, peas, and a lemon infused parmesan linguine. It was awesome!

Here's the low-down:

Chicken: I took 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts and the night before, I put them in a gallon ziploc bag with some yellow mustard, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder. I didn't really have a recipe or measurements, I just tossed it all in. When we were ready to cook, AJ just tossed it on the grill and used the leftover marinade in the bag to brush on the chicken as it grilled (don't do this too late in the grilling process because your sauce has touched raw meat and you do not want to rub that on cooked chicken, fyi). 

Pasta: I took a few recipes I found online and modified them to create my own. I LOVED this and will be adding this to our monthly meal rotations. Cook up a package of whole wheat linguine. Once done, drain and add 4 tbs. olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, zest and juice of 2 small lemons. Add parmesan to liking and toss. The possibilities for this are endless....fresh herbs, anyone? 


I tossed some frozen peas in the microwave a few minutes before we ate and then plated it all up. Voila! A delicious, EASY, flavorful spring dinner! And if you're not with child, this would be delightful with a glass of ice cold moscato! YUM! Alas, I'll just stick to iced tea. What do you like to make with fresh ingredients? 

No comments:

Post a Comment