Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekending

Hi Everyone,
       What a whirlwind of a week this past week was! This week is only a 4 day week (parent teacher conferences so late nights Wednesday and Thursday) and Friday we have off. YAY! I am blown away with how fast this school year is flying by.

Tuesday I took a sick day because I woke up with practically no voice and major sniffles. I stayed in bed literally all day (Hello, The Voice, nice to see you again) and drank tea and took at least 3 naps. My body needed the breather. In fact, I decided during that sick day that I'd take home the stuffed animal "reading buddies" from my classroom and wash them! The kids were so excited about the laundry smell on them the next day. I've also heard about running plastic math manipulatives (unifix cubes etc) through the dishwasher. Has anyone tried this?
Wednesday I was thankfully feeling better, still cough-y but not as bad as Tuesday. We went dinner and a Jazz game with some friends. I think we've gone to more Jazz games these past few months than I have in years. I like to people watch and walk around and AJ likes, well, the actual game.


 Friday afternoon my school had a team building activity with challenges, riddles, snacks, and some fun games. It was a nice departure from DATA and shockingly, my team came in second place! One of the questions was a riddle and I'm curious if any of you can figure it out: "You throw away the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside, throw away the inside. What did you eat?" Any guesses? This one stumped me but one of my teammates got it right away.

Saturday morning I went to Boot Camp (between the pesky cold and busyness, I only went twice this week, booooo!) and then just lounged most of the afternoon making headway on "The Paris Wife" and doing some cleaning. Saturday evening we met some friends for dinner and a comedy show at Wiseguys. We saw Ben Gleib. He was super funny. I just love stand up....what a true talent to make people laugh for over an hour and be so natural and good at it. Before the show we went to dinner at Lucky 13 (probably my fave burgers in town) and I bravely decided to try the peanut butter burger!! I was hesitant, but it was surprisingly really good! Not sure I'll be slathering the Jiff on homemade burgers, but I'd definitely order it again there.


Our friends Tracy and Kam
I'm so thankful that I feel like spring is in the air. I've been making some plans for our "Baby Bow Bash" in June to celebrate our Hads and provide hair goodies for NICU babies. I'm so excited. June will be bittersweet for us, and I'm hoping the Baby Bow Bash makes it a little sweeter (for ourselves and the gals who will be rocking our bow-u-tiful bows!).

In other news, my sister sent me this pic of Bachelor Nick's turtleneck (yes, edited) and I loved it. I'm pretty sure this week's episode is 3 hours. And you better believe I'll watch all of it.
On the recipe front, we tried this new one, Grilled Pineapple Porkchops tonight and it was YUMMY! Have a great week, everyone! This is my last week in my 20's and I just have to laugh thinking of all that happened this past decade in my life. CUH-RAY-ZEE. Thanks for reading here at being a part of it!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 
(I always forget this signature but promise I mean to do it everytime. Oops) 

No comments:

Post a Comment