Tuesday, May 23, 2017

That's a Wrap (pretty much/almost/basically/so close)

This school is pretty much all wrapped up! We go until Friday but My classroom is basically empty and there's just field day/popsicle/chalk party/deep cleaning/movie party and some last day of school read alouds between me and summertime. I purposely took a bit of time off the blog because there was just a lot going on and I just needed a little break. No guilt and no worries! But I'm glad to be back!

It still hasn't hit me fully that I am switching schools. I got to meet my new team and take a look at my new classroom (it has a window.....I was worried there for a minute. Teach' needs to see the sky, mmmkay?) and I am excited. I'm looking forward to setting up a new classroom and it was so so so good to go through all my teacher stuff and basically "Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" (yes, a verb to me)  that junk.


I decided to do a book recap as part of this post. I just started in on book 21 of this year. Here's the list since I last posted my 2017 book list here.

17. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick: This was such a fun book. It's interesting learning about her rise to fame and life in the spotlight. She strikes me as pretty gosh darn normal.

18. Happily Ever After by Trista Stutter: Ya'll know I need to read every book written by alumni of the Bachelor(ette) franchise. This one was cute---kind of preachy and not full of nearly as much dirt as I wanted. But it was a fun one I'd recommend if you like ABC Monday nights as much as I do.

19. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover: I loved this book, It was pretty intense and definitely R-rated but I read it in a weekend because I couldn't put it down. If you're looking for an engrossing story reminiscent of  a Lifetime movie, pick this one up.

20. The Clasp by Sloane Crosley: Meh. That was how I felt about this book. It definitely held my attention and I found myself wanting to read on to see how it wrapped up. I had really had high hopes for this and didn't love it. The best parts were the beautiful descriptions of Paris.


21. Boundaries by Dr, Henry Cloud: This book has been on my radar for years. It's been recommended in church messages time and time again and I feel like the Christian approach to the concept of boundaries is something that could be really beneficial.

We've been pretty domestic on the home front lately (is this 30?) and we planted tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, and jalapenos this past weekend. We hadn't a clue what we were doing (and may have knocked down a display of plant food at the store and we laughed and laughed as we tried to help clean it up because that's so very "us"), but I must say, we worked together and I think it looks pretty good. The previous owners had old plants there so we tore them all out and started with a blank canvas. It was fun working hard and seeing the fruits of our labor, but next time I get gung ho about gardening, I would like someone to gently remind me of my aversion for creepy crawling things (shudders).


Last week I took a personal day and went to Provo to meet with one of the founders of Girlie Glue (a bow adhesive). This awesome company donated over 50 tubes of their product to include in our "Bow To Go" bags that we are bringing along with individual bows to the NICU's as part of Hadley's Baby Bow Bash. I have been blown away by the giving spirits of people I have met in this grief/loss journey. Thanks, Girlie Glue! PS) Here's  their website if you want to order this amazing product for yourself. After that, I went to lunch with my friend Tracy and it was just such a great, relaxing, soulful day that I needed.

My DVR is on fire this week with the finale of The Voice, the start of The Bachelorette, Little People Big World, Pretty Little Liars, Teen Mom OG, and more. I also started this (very trashy) show called "Southern Charm" that is basically the Kardashians in South Carolina (I'm ashamed, I know). I absolutely LOVED "The Keepers" on Netflix. If you like Dateline stuff, and are as intrigued by Criminal Justice as I am, you must check it out. Warning: It's very dark and disturbing but the badass old ladies working to bring a sicko to justice is something pretty amazing.


Have a great rest of your week and if you're a teacher, savor those moments with your little ones. I have been reminded multiple times this week that for so many children summer isn't always a good thing. They'll miss you, teacher. And even if you say you won't, you'll miss them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment