Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Broccoli Slaw Salad


I have a new recipe for you all today for Broccoli Slaw Salad. I really only came up with this recipe because I found a dressing as a "Woohoo" deal at Smith's for only 50 cents that I thought looked interesting.....it was a Pumpkin Harvest dressing (I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin, even in summer!).

After the dressing sat in the door of our fridge for about a month I figured it was time I use it. But a pumpkin dressing has a pretty unique flavor and I didn't think it would really work well on a regular lettuce salad. Enter: broccoli slaw. I discovered this amazingness because Harmon's makes a deli salad that I LOVE with broccoli slaw, breaded chicken pieces (just because it's a salad doesn't mean it's exactly healthy fare), almonds, and an oriental type dressing. I added a bag of broccoli slaw to my grocery list and threw in other toppings I had around plus the pumpkin dressing of course,and voila! You could really make this salad your own and add anything you like!

Broccoli Slaw Salad (This is a loose recipe!)

Cast of Characters:

1 bag broccoli slaw
1 diced apple
handful of:
-pecans
-carrot chips
-craisins
-feta
And a few splashes of your dressing of choice

I tossed it all together and enjoyed for a a dinner and a lunch! Enjoy getting creative with broccoli slaw.

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment