Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy Birthday, Hadley

Well, it's here: Hadley's 2nd birthday. I can hardly believe it. If you want to read the whole Hadley story from the beginning, all the posts are gathered here.



 I could write and talk at length about baby loss, faith and grief, medical jargon, mother/baby care, anxiety during a rainbow baby pregnancy, mothering after loss etc. (and hey, if you want to talk about any of that, seriously, reach out to me. I am here for you. I mean that). Hadley taught me and lots of people in our circle of family and friends many lessons. But today isn't about any of that stuff. Today is just about her. It's not a time for me to make connections, create meaning or even ruminate on the past.




Today is simply a celebration of my daughter, of AJ's daughter, of Hank's sister, of a niece, a granddaughter and my Princess Baby. Hadley Grace Steele, I am fortunate to be your mama. Thank you for meeting us all even for a short while. You are remarkable and we all love you very much.

Happy 2nd birthday, baby girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment