Friday, January 22, 2016

lately

I've been a blog slacker. I fully admit it. But, life, yo. What's been going on? We enjoyed a fun weekend last week with AJ's fam in town. He kept pestering me to make plans (which I'm usually like hell yes), but I was holding off committing to anything because hello house guests (which was a surprise for him!). We browsed around at the mall, went and saw "The Big Short" (all I kept thinking during it was "what would Dave Ramsey do?" Made me want to take all my money out of the bank and keep it in an empty moisturizer jar). It was nice having fam in town and we were both sad to see them go on Tuesday. This week at school has been....well I won't really go into it (don't want to get all rage-y on this sweet blog of mine), but I will say, dang, I have good people around me to support me. At school and at home. I feel like people have my back and that makes all the difference. A simple "want me to take this kid for 20 minutes?" makes my heart fill with joy and gives my soul some breathing room. 
what else warms my soul.....grilled cheese and tomato soup #bliss

I've been kicking it at the gym lately (and by" kicking it", I mean dragging myself to the gym to walk 40 minutes with my tunes blasting) 

On Thursday we celebrated AJ's 30th birthday! My gift to him was the party, but we still went out to a nice dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and came home and opened family gifts.

my cute birthday man 
 This weekend I have a big ol' "to do" list, but mixed among "wash sheets" and "return library books" and "mop kitchen," I also have things like "go to movies" and "finish stack of magazines" and "make new gym playlist" so it's all good. Hubs and I have a date night planned for Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. In the meantime, please enjoy this video, it's had me laughing for days. That is some truth right there. Happy weekend, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment