Saturday, November 4, 2017

Quick and Easy Taco Quinoa

We had one of our fave dinners this week and I'm excited to share it with you. I got inspiration from around Pinterest (obvi) and tweaked some things to make this creation our own. I hope you love it as much as we do!


Taco Quinoa

Cast of Characters:
1 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. minced garlic
1 cup broth (any kind, I used chicken)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 can rotel
1 can black beans
1 small can olives
1 cup frozen corn
lime juice
1 tbs. taco seasoning
Toppings: sour cream, cheese, avocado, baked tortilla strips etc.
Instead of buying those little packets of taco seasoning, I bought this stuff a while ago and love it. All those great Mexican flavors in one seasoning! 

In a large saute pan, put your olive oil and garlic and cook for a minute or so. The next part is the best/easiest part: dump in everything else except lime juice and toppings! Stir it up and bring to a boil uncovered. Once it's boiling, turn heat to medium, cover, and set timer for 20 minutes. THAT'S IT!

After 20 minutes uncover and squirt on some lime juice (I like a lot). Top however you like!
The best part of this dish? It's super easy and makes a lot. This is a great meal prep recipe. I usually have everything to make this on hand so I can make it whenever I need a quick and easy dinner.

I primarily based this dish on this recipe but here are some other variations I came across:

5 ingredient Mexican quinoa
Mexican Quinoa Stew
Vegan Southwest Quinoa

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment