Monday, November 12, 2018

Harvest Salad

I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. I made this for the first time last week and we've already had it 3 times! It's easy, seasonal, delicious, and the perfect dish to meal prep.

I roasted the sweet potatoes and carrot chips in advance and just kept them in the fridge. If you want to saute your apples, you can do that in advance too. That's really the only cooking needed in this salad so once that's ready to go, dinner can be on the table in 5 minutes.

Harvest Salad

Cast of Characters:

-1/2 bag of carrot chips (they typically come in 1 lb. bags)
-2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
-Mixed salad greens
-Feta
-Blackberries
-Pecans
-Apple slices (you can leave them regular or saute them in coconut oil and cinnamon and a bit of lemon juice. I've been adding a tbs. of pure maple syrup too!)
-Craisins
-Crisp Honey Apple vinaigrette (Smith's Private Selection kind is my fave, but you could really use any dressing. I was thinking a honey mustard one might be yummy to try).

To roast the sweet potatoes and carrots: place on parchment paper and toss with a tbs. of olive oil, salt and pepper,. Roast for about 40 minutes, flipping/stirring halfway. Let cool and refrigerate if you're meal prepping. I microwave it a bit before putting it on the salad.

Assemble to your liking and enjoy the fresh flavors! Even my meat and potatoes hubby is a fan of this meal.

Enjoy and Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment