Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Whip it up Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day! Today I'm linking up with Emily from "Naptime is My Time" for a fun recipe swap called "Whip it Up Wednesday"


Today I have a meal so very simple for you it's not even really a recipe! I am a huge fan of pizza. HUGE. If pizza had an actual fan club, you betcha I'd be a card-carrying member. When the pizza craving strikes and I'm trying to be "healthy" I can satisfy the craving (well, who are we kidding? If Papa John showed up with his better ingredients on a better pizza, I wouldn't deny him entry) with a low-card version and make Portobello pizzas!

Take a pizza, ditch the crust, put it on a giant mushroom. 
Here are my ingredients: mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, diced green pepper, black olives, baby spinach, portobellos


I just took the stem out of the mushrooms and layered all my ingredients inside. I baked at 350 for about 20 minutes. I served with a side salad and dinner was done! They were delish and a hit with the hubby and I. I would definitely make them again but I would take the advice of "The Pioneer Woman" and grate my own cheese....it didn't get as gooey and melty as I would have wanted with with cheese grated in the bag. The topping possibilities are endless. Bon Appetit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment