Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Little of this...little of that

When I first started blogging a few months ago I vowed to never let myself feel pressure about the blog. It is meant for my memories, for a chance to write and express myself. I refuse to think of it like a job or like homework That said, I unfortunately have another stream of consciousness post for ya'll. I do have some fun and interesting post ideas marinating in my brain, but that will have to wait for the weekend(s) because well, I spend 8 hours a day with 6 year olds. Speaking of school, things are going better. Much better. I attribute this to a few things: 1) They are getting into the groove. Full day school is new to them. Having me as a teacher is new to them. It's an adjustment period. 2) Homework/regular curriculum has begun. I get the need for procedure and practice. Tons of it. But you know what? pencil sharpening procedure is boring as hell and so are recess rules for that matter. Academics have kicked in and I am so very happy about this. 3) I'm granting myself grace. Loads of work still on my desk? Go home, Leslie! Parent emails that I let sit for more than an hour? Sure. Realizing that not everyone likes Junie B. Jones books as much as I do? Ok, no biggie. I'm still exhausted and not completely used to this new bunch yet, but I'm getting there. We're getting there and that feels good. I heard this song on Friday and it has made it's way to my "Top 25 most played" in a matter of days. Must be the 2 workout days in a row where I only listened to this one song. Fave new jam.



        AJ and I made a yummy new recipe the other night that I had every intention of making into a blog post, but when I sat down to write it I realized "Add any veggies you like into a skillet with olive oil and garlic. Toss with pasta. Add parmesan" isn't really a recipe I thought I'd spare you. You're welcome. I am a major pasta fan and like to think the healthy veggies here offset the carbs and cheese. Don't tell me the truth please.





    Here's some photo  snippets from the week. Now I'm going to straighten my hair and listen to Norah Jones and probably be asleep by 9:30. I told you I put no pressure on myself with blogging content and I meant it. I have nothing to give but my word, folks. Have a happy week, everyone!

We went to the library Saturday and there was a "Pet-a-Palooza" going on (I'm not making that up, that was the real name). I immediately begged AJ to take me to the kitten area. Oh my. I fell in love. LOVE. This precious kitty was named Finn and his tag (printed on chevron print paper) said he was a "lovable guy just looking for a good home." I have a good home to give ya, Finnegan (that's his more formal name I decided). Hubs is not a cat guy. Wants nothing to do with it. I threatened to go all single mom and fill out the adoption papers on my own, but I decided to choose peace instead. Finnegan Redmond Steele (his full name for monogramming purposes), don't you worry! I'll find you again one day. 

On Sunday I did homework for my close reading class until Pandora asked "Are you still listening?" 3 times. Only a few weeks left. Amen. 


my new fall house sign. I only cursed about my handwriting about 73 times. Pinterest you and your pretty fonts have ruined my chalkboard self esteem 

I'm digging this getting to work at the crack of dawn thing. Productivity, come to me.  I don't think it'll last more than a few weeks because going to work when it's still dark out gets me all stabby, but I'll take pretty sunrises like this while I can. 

Is this a masterpiece or what? Hubby tried to preserve it and pack it in his lunch but I told him the bubble would probs collapse in Tupperware overnight. AJ was crushed. So was the bubble. 





No comments:

Post a Comment