Wednesday, September 30, 2015

October Goals

It’s almost October….one of the BEST months of the whole year. Why you ask? Pumpkin spice lattes, duh. Well, and it’s that month of school where I finally feel like we’re in a groove and things don’t get too nutty until Halloween. We have fall break ( insert happy dance here), the weather in crisp and cool and the colors of fall got me like Praise the Lord. October seems like it’ll be a busy month for the Steele crew and I plan on making the most of it. Here are some of my goals this month:

image from blog.collegegreenlight.com 

  1. No eating after dinner continued. That’s right, we are still dessert/snacking free after dinner! It’s strange because now dinner lasts till 10 pm. Weird. Just Kidding! We are doing really well at this and while I’d still give my right arm for a fudge brownie at about 9:00, I’ll stick with green tea and honey if I NEED an after dinner something.
  2. Read at least 2 books. See my book list here for ideas. I want to get cozy under a blanket and make a dent in those pages.
  3. Visit a pumpkin patch. Last year we were ambitious and did a regular pumpkin patch AND Cornbelly’s at Thanksgiving Point. I’d like to do both again, but I respect and love my husband and let’s face it girls, there’s only so much fall fun our men can take. Especially when there’s a good game on.
  4. Try something new in the crockpot. We decided chicken stuff doesn’t work as well for us in the crockpot because we both leave for work at around 6:45 and then don’t eat until 6:00 ish, so that’s more than 12 hours of cooking and it can get dry. But crockpot cooking is a beautiful thing for busy nights. TGFP…..Thank God for Pinterest.
  5. Work out 5 days a week. At least. We usually keep up with this for the most part. I want to just keep it going. And a week with more than 5 work out days is of course the ultimate goal.
  6. Let the “house thing” unfold as it should. After our unfortunate offer rejection we are sorta half looking at places but sorta also not. We have faith and trust that it’ll all work out as it should. We have our place through July so clearly no rush here, but if you know me, you know I like to work ahead. of. schedule. as much as humanly possible. So trying to breathe it out and continue “half looking.”
  7. Modge Podge our dresser. So we have these dressers from AJ’s childhood in our guest room. They are cute, but the bright red and blue thang isn’t really our style so  I saw on pinterest that you can modge podge fabric onto laminate furniture?? We are thinking just the drawers. I’m kinda scared so we’ll do a sample one and see how it goes. Then we need to decide on the fabric colors and pattern. Big decisions here people.
  8. Reach out to seasoned bloggers. So obvi I’m new to this blogging thing and the reason I even wanted to blog in the first place is because of all the amazing women I’ve been reading over the years. It’s kinda weird sharing pieces of your story so I want to reach out to connect to others on this blogging journey to a) get advice/tips and b) get my blog out there so I can hopefully gain some new readers.
  9. Revisit these goals in November and see how I did!


What goals do you have this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment