Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekending: It feels like fall edition

Hi There!
       We are on the tail end of this delightful weekend and we plan on savoring it: we've got chili simmering in the crockpot and are headed out for a little hike this afternoon. What's been going on? Friday afternoon I ran some errands after school and came home and picked up AJ and we headed to my school's annual carnival. We walked around, said hello to some families and teachers, bought some bomb.com pumpkin bread from the bake sale, got some dinner, and in all honesty, watched Dateline and were in bed by 10. Isn't it mind boggling how your idea of a fun night evolves as you get older? Saturday we were pretty gosh darned lazy and I spent the morning in my pjs cleaning the house and tackling the laundry. Saturday evening was my 10 year high school reunion. It was nice to see some familiar faces. And get back the letter I wrote myself TEN years ago. I sure had high hopes for myself and hope I'm doing 18 year old me justice. Here's some pics from the weekend and the Chili Recipe we love! It's AJ's mom's recipe and our absolute fave. Happy Sunday! May it be filled with some nature, worship, and of course some football.

Steele Family Chili

2 lbs ground beef browned 
1 bottle tomato juice (we buy a big can of it) 
1 29 oz. can tomato sauce
2 can kidney beans drained 
2 cans pinto beans drained
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbs. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin 
1 tsp. garlic powder 
optional: a few dashes hot sauce

Mix in crockpot and cook on low all day. We do ours for about 8 hours. Enjoy! It makes a TON. 

We saw this beaver on our walk the other night. I excitedly texted my father in law "Go beavs!!" I was informed it was a muskrat. You learn something new every day. 

sterotypical blogger shot. This new iced coffee is YUM. I slip one into my cart each week. 

10 years later....Juan Diego class of 2005 

AJ and I Saturday night 


No comments:

Post a Comment