Sunday, September 27, 2015

Weekending/What I'm Loving Lately



Hey everyone! Here's a combo post for you: weekending AND What I'm Loving Lately.

 I hope you're enjoying your beautiful weekends! Fall is in the air and we've had a great one over here. Friday evening we ordered Chinese takeout and watched the OSU Beavers game. We went to bed when the beavers started losing badly. Saturday morning I had a hair appointment and got a sassy short new 'do. Then we ran some errands (got my Halloween costume, but it's a surprise), and came home for crockpot chicken tacos (chicken breasts + salsa + crockpot for 8 hours, yum). This morning we did brunch with my parents and this afternoon? Gym, laundry, reading ("Life is Short" by the Little Couple from TLC), and I maaaay have some Lifetime original movies doing their thang on the DVR too.


   Here are some things I've been loving lately:

Yes. It's still September. And I bought my 2016 planner. I know, I know. BUT it was super cute and there are few things in my life I love more than putting in birthdays, anniversaries, and other fun stuff in a fresh new planner. 

Came across this quote on facebook and I want to blow it up into a poster and frame it. It says "Believing we can improve schooling with more tests is like believing you can make yourself taller by measuring height." I don't want to get on my soapbox, but I'll just say this: testing is not teaching. Seeing where students are "at" is necessary BUT not at the expense of spending time teaching them so we can get them where we want them to be. Mic drop. 

I'm a lipgloss gal. Take your lipsticks, I'll be a gloss girl forever. This Burt's Bees kind was an impulse buy and I LOVE it. 


 
One of our fave Costco buys is this frozen ravioli. Perfect quick, easy, yummy dinner. We can get 4 solid meals outta this bag.  Just forget the fact that it says serving size SIXTEEN. (We discuss this everytime we make it. I think the 16 is referring to 16 people eating one like as an appetizer in a cocktail party type setting. I think. Right?!?). 

Phoenix, baby!! I am heading here Friday to visit my little sis! I haven't been back since we moved to Utah when I was ten. So excited for a weekend getaway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment