Sunday, September 3, 2017

Life Lately

Hi There,
   It's been a whirlwind of busy around here with the start of the school year, beginning to prepare our boy's nursery, evening activities and more. We took some much needed time this long weekend to relax and rest!

We're two weeks into the new school year and I'm really enjoying my new school. I have an awesome team (I've always had amazing teammates! #thankful) and my class is pretty cute. We begin an hour later than my old school and go an hour later so that's been an adjustment, but I know sleeping in a little bit is helping me with keeping my energy up!
Errand treats 
Baby Steele is doing well. Just like with big sister, I'm super pumped about creating a fun space for him! We are continuing our every other week appointments (yes it's a pain going there so much, but it gives me comfort being so carefully monitored). I've given myself little milestones to help myself through this pregnancy and reaching 12 weeks was the first one, then 20 weeks, now I'm awaiting the next milestone: 24 weeks. He's very active (his activity level is similar to Hadley's at 25 plus weeks. I'm not sure if it's because he is more active or that I am simply more aware of what baby movements feel like this time around). Everyday I wake up pregnant and go to bed pregnant is a good day. Keep growing in there, little man!
21 weeks

Saturday we ran errands truly all day long. Is this adulthood? We got a lot accomplished and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the weekend doing some school work, tidying the house and chilling.
Dinner date with hubby 

Saturday night football, I feel like this scene will be replayed lots in the next few weeks/months

On the book front, I am on book 43 of the year. I've always been a reader, but really committing myself to daily reading time has been such a gift for me this year. I still love my TV time, but cracking open a book each day is something I've really looked forward to.
I really liked this book! Highly recommend if you want a sweeping/feel good novel. 

Don't get me wrong, baby will not be tech-free, but I was thinking this might be an interesting read for classroom teaching as well. Teaching my students to be grateful/content is high on my priority list every year. 
AJ and I have a new meal prep lunch favorite I wanted to share with you. It's a mish mash of various recipes on Pinterest, and we've called it Lunch Taco Bowls. It's so easy to prep. It's just: brown rice, a scoop of beans, a spoonful of cheese, some shredded chicken, a scoop of pico, a scoop of corn, and if we have an avocado around, we add some of that too. We've had it on it's own or with a side of a whole wheat tortilla. It's no Cafe Rio, but it's been our favorite lunch this season.

That's pretty much it in our neck of the woods. I'm looking forward to September weekends filled with pumpkin everything, football, fall baking, and cooler temps. Have a great Labor Day!

I laughed so hard at this 


Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

PS) If you follow me on Insta, you saw this pic I discovered just recently. I am in love with Hadley's wittle hands gripping mine. I think this one might be a framer.

1 comment:

  1. Taking time to simplify can tame some of this stress, making it easier to quickly find what you need and effortlessly know what needs to be done at any moment. https://brandyou.ie/2016/11/04/how-to-achieve-your-goals-in-life-or-business-3-secret-weapons-2/

    ReplyDelete