Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Workin' It Wednesday: Summer to Fall Fashion

Hey there! I'm back from my mini blogging break with another installment of Workin' It Wednesday! I'm linking up with Erika and Shay  for this fun blogging series. Today's topic is a good one: Transitioning the wardrobe from summer to fall.

Now I feel about silly writing this post seeing as my car said it was 90 degrees on my way home this week. I also lamented this past weekend, "I can't wait until my Saturday uniform of Nike sweats or yoga pants and a sweatshirt is acceptable again!" That said, fall fashions are my fave! First of all, you don't have to worry too much about warmth factor like you do in the winter. Also after a long summer of shorts (leg shaving, ugh, amirite?), tees, and sandals, you can do the layer thing and bring back my ultimate faves: scarves and boots! 

Here are some tips I have for transitioning your wardrobe to fall plus some fun looks I found floating around Pinterest.

1. Don't feel like you need to "seasonally overhaul" your closet. I used to switch out my stuff in the fall and spring and put the looks for the season that just ended in the back of the closet or in Rubbermaid containers. No more! I keep it all in my closet at all times now (It helps that AJ and I have separate closets....a little tip for those cohabitating. Separate closets if you can spare it is ammmmazing!) and that way I can pull a winter-y cardigan in the early spring if I need to our make a summery look more apt for fall. 

2. Dresses and skirts can still work in the fall or winter. Add some leggings or tights, a cardi, and flats or booties and that summer dress is now a cute fall look! 


3. Infinity scarves are perfect when you don't want to commit to a full on winter scarf (like is necessary for outdoor recess duty in the winter. Brrrr!), but you like the additional flair or pop of color.


4. Light jackets/a puffy vest/a long duster sweater are perfect for those days when the morning is chilly but it heats up again my the afternoon. 


5. I am loving the fabric jewelry trend and can't wait to add some items like that to my fall look. 



6. Cuff your jeans when you aren't ready to give up summer crops quite yet. 

. You can never go wrong when you top off your look with a pretty mani in a darker color, a warm beverage from Starbucks, and a pep in your step just right for Back to School season. 

Happy dressing, shopping, and browsing!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment