Friday, February 9, 2018

Granola Bark



I am SO excited to share this recipe with you today. I've tried tons of different recipes for granola and granola bars and I've had issues! The granola I make always seems to taste burnt (burnt oats=gross) and is either too crunchy or too soft. The granola bars I've tried making are hard as rocks or they are too gooey and fall apart. Enter....Granola Bark! I came across this recipe a bit by accident. I set out to make these granola bars but when I went to cut into them, they chipped off into big chunks---perfect for snacking on or adding to yogurt! I have only made this recipe once but there are so many different variations on it that I can't wait to try out.

You will need:

1 cup unsalted almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbs. honey

Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper (this is key!). Mix all ingredients together and press down onto parchment paper. Make sure it's pressed down hard and really sticks together. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool. Then, break into chunks and store in an airtight container.


This was gone in less than 2 days at our house! Now for the fun part....variations:

-craisins/raisins
-any type of nut (even mixed nuts!)
-chocolate chips (dark chocolate sea salt, anyone?!)
-peanut butter
-sunflower seeds
-pumpkin seeds
-flax seeds
-oats

I'm excited to try out new versions of this delish stuff! Yippee for Granola Bark!

No comments:

Post a Comment