Tuesday, May 22, 2018

What I'm Loving Lately

It's time for another edition of What I'm Loving Lately!

1. Flower Garden! AJ planted this garden a few weeks ago and I love it. Remember last year when we started our vegetable garden and I pictured myself in a large sunhat and a big basket overflowing with the fresh bounty we created straight from the earth. Remember that? Yeah the reality was more like me cursing pulling weeds and freaking out when I saw snails hanging out back there. We had more tomatoes than any human could ever eat and I can't even describe the amount of bugs we got.  So this year we'll be regulars at Farmer's Markets and the produce section of the store instead of growing our own salad fixings. Our teeny backyard piece of land is now a flower garden. Much more do-able. And AJ always waters it because I forget. I am so excited for mornings out here with a good book and cup of coffee.

2. Almond Poppyseed Kodiak Cakes: I'm a big fan of Kodiak cakes (local company, protein packed pancake/waffle/muffin mixes)  and this past weekend at Costco the samples sucked me in and I bought a pack with these and dark chocolate flavor. These are so yummy and topped with fresh berries? Amen! If you like almond flavoring, you must try these. I might add some lemon zest for over the top flavor.

3. The Bachelorette returns on Monday! Let's do the damn thing! I am so pumped for this season and thoroughly enjoyed The Popcast's Contestant preview podcast. I want drama. I want Chris Harrison at his finest walking into a room and tapping that glass. I want Becca to fall in love. I want helicopters, bizaare careers, pool parties, and B list singers performing while the contestants dance on a raised platform. Bring it out, ABC!

4. Morning Gym: I never thought I'd be a morning gym person and I'm still not quite sure that I am, but for the past few weeks I've been hitting up a Boot Camp class before school in the mornings. I LOVE having my afternoons./evenings open without my workout hanging over my head and it makes the evenings go smoother when just one of us hits the gym. (Hank care, chores, dinner starting, and both of us going to the gym between 4 and 6 was kind of crazy).


5. Baby shorts: I am loving Hank's summer fashions! It is so fabulous to go out or on a walk without tons of blankets and layers. His chunky legs in adorable shorts are just so precious. And I just ordered him some baby sandals and they look so cute!

6. My TBR (to be read) pile is shrinking and I got a lot more reading done this month than I thought I would. Look for my May book post coming up next week!

7. Summer is so close I can taste it!

Have a great week everyone!
Savor Your Sparkle.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment