Sunday, October 28, 2018

What I'm Loving Lately

It's been a minute since I've done a What I'm Loving Lately post! Here we go....
Thank you to my sister Libby for this fun new logo for this series! 
1. Lounge Tees---When I'm not at school, out and about or at the gym, I'm in lounge wear. I have a soft spot in my heart for warm and cozy tees, perfect sweat pants, and a great "put together but comfy to the max" look. Last fall I got a super cute fur lined belted cardi from Target and Nike capri sweats are my most fave. This year I've been loving this cute "Baby It's Cold Outside" lounge top I found at Walmart for only $10! The stitching on it is so cute. There was one that said "Snuggle," too that I think I'll need to go back and get. When we were in Denver, I picked up this super soft tee with an old fashioned lantern on it. I wear this baby all. the. time. I was all set to order a cute Christmas Tee from Milk and Honey Tee Co. this past week but they sold out by morning! I'll have to scoop one up when they restock.

2. The Haunting of Hill House---Guys. GUYS. GUYS. This show. I can't. I am not a huge horror fan, but I can get on board with some creepy eerie stuff....especially around Halloween! This show is brilliant. It's the perfect mix of jumpy moments, subtle terror, and most of all, family relationships. I was reading an article that said this show is basically "This is Us but with ghosts." I think that's a pretty accurate description. Ultimately, under all the creepiness (Bent Neck lady anyone?!), this show is about dealing with the past, supporting loved ones, being there for family unconditionally, and even addiction and grief. This one is worth the watch. Set aside a chunk of time and dig into it.

3. Speaking of Netflix, I turned on the new Boss Baby Back in Business series for Hank the other day. He wasn't into it, but I sure was! This show is adorable and hilarious. I feel like my 1st graders would really enjoy it. I love Boss Baby!

4. Fall-ish-ness: I know, I know. I say this all the time, but I am a FAN of these Fall colors, pumpkin everything, cozy reading time (see item #1 and my October Reads Post), and Halloween fun with Hank. I came across this article the other day and it was such a mic drop moment for me. Like what you like, girlfriend! PSL's for everyone! (Also, because I think confessing makes one feel better....I bought a Balsam Candle this weekend. Don't hate me!).
can't. stop. baking. with. pumpkin. 

My fall mani 

So pretty much all the Fall stuff at B&BW was on sale this weekend to make room for Christmas goodies. I didn't hate it.  This plus a sheet mask and a 9:30 bedtime=my lit Friday night


5. Letting Go of some shows: So it's no secret I like TV....it's a hobby. BUT....being a working mom, I needed to make some choices and if I want to hang with my dudes, be a decent teacher, and get in gym/book time on the daily, so, well, I'm sorry to say, some shows found their way onto the chopping block. A moment of silence for: The Little Couple, 90 Day Fiancee Before the 90 Days, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Will and Grace, The Pioneer Woman, and Teen Mom. It's not you, it's me.

6. Celebrating Hadley with Hank: In those dark days of rebuilding our lives after we lost Hadley, I used to wonder about and hope for a time when we could celebrate our daughter with our new baby. Hank is here now and AJ and I are committed to having him know and learn about his big sister. We painted pumpkins this weekend and brought them to our girl. I miss her.

7. Farmhouse Everything: It became increasingly clear while decor shopping with my sister recently that farmhouse style is my vibe. Cotton stems? Yes. Distressed white paint? Mmmhmm. Words on walls? Amen. Cozy and clean? Sign me up. Monograms and natural wood? Tell me more. Here are some looks on Pinterest I've been loving lately.


I NEED this made over kids table in my living room/classroom/life. 

I love a built in bench with a dining table. 

Finally, we enjoyed the awesome Oregon State win Saturday night! Here's the sweetest little beaver fan for ya!
Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment