Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Vegetarian Chili

There is just something about fall time and chili simmering all day in the crockpot. I decided to try my hand at a new chili recipe with no meat. And the verdict is....I am a fan! Now, I love our regular chili recipe but decided to go vegetarian because I don't have many meatless recipes in my arsenal and this way was so much easier because I didn't have to brown the ground beef before tossing it in the crockpot. This is truly a one dish meal. I am super excited about this recipe that I came up with and will definitely be making it often this fall and winter. It makes a HUGE batch.

Vegetarian Chili

2 cans ranch beans undrained (I just discovered these and love the amazing flavor in place of regular pinto beans)
2 cans kidney beans drained
1 can black beans drained
2 cans diced tomatoes undrained
1 can Rotel undrained
1 can corn drained (next time I'd add 2 cans)
1 can tomato sauce
3 cups vegetable broth (you can add more or even water depending on how liquid-y you like your chili)
1 diced green pepper
1 diced yellow onion
1 tbs. minced garlic
1 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. chili powder
2 tbs. cumin
1/2 tbs. oregano
1 tbs. sugar
a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper
a splash of hot sauce
1 pinch of red pepper flakes


Dump it all on your crockpot, stir, and cook on low. Ours cooked for about 8 hours. We had my parents over to share in the goodness and we served it with Red Lobster biscuits, cheese, sour cream, and garnished with green onion. Oh so good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment