Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018: A Year in Books


Ok, Here it is! My final book post of 2018....even though it's 2019. Just work with me, mmmkay? This was an amazing year of books. Between updating the library app, connecting with reader friends near and far, being gifted the Book of the Month Club, and being dedicated to always having a read going, I can proudly say I read 72 books this year. My goal is typically 50 and I'm cool keeping it there for next year. Now, throughout the year, I kept a log of my reads with stars by the ones I liked the best that month. You can read all my 2018 book reviews HERE. I am so glad I noted which ones I liked best because then it made this Top 10 thing way easier. However....narrowing down to my Top Ten and ranking them was HARD. There were so many great ones this year! Are you ready for my TOP TEN BOOKS of 2018. They are sort of in order, but mainly they were too hard to choose from. I really enjoyed these 10 reads. 

10. I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
9. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendriks and Sarah Pekkanen
8. Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
7. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
6. A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
5. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
4. How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

And now for the top 3........




3. The Mommy Group by Elizabeth Isadora Gold

2. My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan


1. The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine 

Ahhhhh!!!! Really, those 10 are all winners in my opinion. So from that list, I suppose I can conclude: I like thrillers, female empowerment, heartfelt characters, tough topics (abuse, abortion, crime etc.), second chances, relatable narrators, love stories, and suspense. 

I hope if you are not a reader, you consider making 2019 your year. I always tell my students, there is no such thing as not liking to read, it just means you're not reading the right stuff. Here's the a 2019 full of connections, laughs, tears, revelations, and "aha's"...all through the written word. 

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie 

PS) Want to see the complete list? Here it is......


*1. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
2. When We Were Worthy by Marybeth Whalen
*3. Confessions of a Domestic Failure by Bunmi Laditan
4. Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker
*5. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
6. Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan
*7. The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell
8. Parent Hacks by Asha Dornfest
9. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
10. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
*11. Sisters First by Jenna Bush Hagar and Barbara Pierce Bush
12. Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
13. Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
14. The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert
15. The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
*16. The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani
*17. Sugar by Kimberly Stuart
18. Achtung Baby by Sara Zaske
*19. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sara Pekkanen
20. Bachelor Nation by Amy Kaufman
*21. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
*22. The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
23. Mindless Eating by Brad Wansick
24. Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins
25. Our Father by Pope Francis
26. Not That I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser
*27. How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
28. Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
29. You Think It, I'll Say It by Curtis Sittenfled
30. This is Me by Chrissy Metz
31. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
32. The Book of Essie by Meghan Maclean Weir
*33. Calypso by David Sedaris
*34. We're Doing It Wrong by David Michael Slater
*35. Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
36. The Better Mom by Ruth Schwenk
*37. Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
38. The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
39. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
40. There Are No Grown-ups by Pamela Druckerman
*41. Educated by Tara Westover
42. The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
*43. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
44. The People We Hate At The Wedding by Grant Ginder
*45. I'll Be Gone in The Dark by Michelle McNamara
46. People I Want to Punch in The Throat by Jen Mann
47. Hello Sunshine by Laure Dave
*48. My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan
49. When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
50. From Scratch by Allen Salkin
51. Ghosted by Rosie Walsh
52. Heartland by Kimberly Stuart
53. All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin
*54. Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
55. By The Book by Julia Sonneborn
56. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
57. Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
58. The Other Woman by Sandie Jones
*59. The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
60. Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon
61. The Dinner List by Rebecca Serle
*62. Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgins
63. An Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks
64. Fashion Victim by Amina Akhtar
*65. A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
66. Ruthless by Bo Stern

*67. Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand 
68. What To Expect The First Year By Heidi Murkoff
69. The Wondering Years by Knox McCoy
*70. The Mommy Group by Elizabeth Isadora Gold
71. The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center
72. Girl in Snow by Danya Kukofka

No comments:

Post a Comment