Sunday, January 20, 2019

Let's Talk Podcasts

I never used to be a person into podcasts....ummm why? I have books and TV. BUT---lately I've gotten super into them. It's a great thing to listen to on a commute or while doing something mundane like folding laundry or walking on the treadmill. I would love to hear your podcast ideas and suggestions!

Here are some of mine:

1. The Popcast: Definitely my favorite podcast. The hosts Knox and Jamie are so fun and their witty banter about all things pop culture related make me LOL on the regular. New episodes drop every Wednesday and I always can't wait to see what the topic is. I stole my new phrase "spicy take" from this show.

2. The Big Boo Cast: This is truly a podcast about nothing in particular. Just two Southern mamas chatting about football, beauty products, Jesus, life randomness, recipes and more. Sophie Hudson (Boo Mama) and Melanie Shankle (Big Mama) are two blogs I've been reading for years and years. Their podcast is the perfect blend of silly and sweet...just like they are.

3. Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness: If you like Queer Eye at all, you need to be listening to this podcast. JVN is hysterical and while this podcast can be a bit scattered and there are more than a few ads, it's still so good. He is open, honest, and I love the variety on this show. I got into it when a friend told me to listen to an episode called "How Can We Be Less Rude to Bees?" and since then, I've learned about journalism, cults, the Chinese economy, being an ally, recycling contamination, migration, and much more. He recently did an episode with Jodi Piccoult that I loved. Side note: Her name is pronounced PICO (like de gallo....that blew my mind).

4. Oprah's Super Soul Conversations: This podcast is deep. It can be heavy and certainly a lot to digest, but it is so good. Oprah interviews everyone from celebrities, to authors, to religious leaders, politicians, activists and more. Oprah asks amazing questions that certainly do not have easy answers...questions like "Who is God?" and "What's one thing you know for sure?" This podcast really gets me thinking and makes me want to add so many books to my TBR pile.

5. Cold: Ok, this is a new one for me. I've only listened to 1 episode, but I'm looking forward to listening to more. This one is about the devastating murder of a local woman at the hands of her husband. It's feels similar to Dr. Death or Dirty John.

Sometimes I'll listen to recorded Sunday messages from church or occasionally Dave Ramsey, but those first 4 are my go-to's!

Yay for podcasts!
Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment